The Student Room Group

Newcastle University A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by euphoriagranger
just wanted to pop on and say hi ... hi im very interested in applying to newcastle for a100 and perhaps biomed too next year under the partners scheme
just wondering what prep have we done for our applications overall
like ucat,volunteering wex just to see where others are
e.g :smile:

im so confused about refernce thing for partners like what if they are not available t select the n do u email the uni themselves to provide details on ur referee??
hello quick question about partners the grades are BBB do you need to be predicted AAA to get the offer lowered to BBB
or can you apply with the predicted grades of BBB

hello quick question about partners the grades are BBB do you need to be predicted AAA to get the offer lowered to BBB
or can you apply with the predicted grades of BBB

you can apply with bbb
Original post by med100
im so confused about refernce thing for partners like what if they are not available t select the n do u email the uni themselves to provide details on ur referee??

someoen please help like which teacher should i choose and how will i know when they get email sent to teachers for reference?
Original post by Rose blink
you can apply with bbb

will my application be less competitive if i apply with bbb compared to aaa
Reply 45

not sure but your offer wont be lowered from bbb i think
Reply 46

No, you just need to meet minimum requirements and then A levels are not looked at any further. So BBB for Partners and AAA for standard entry
Original post by dinomedic
https://www.ncl.ac.uk/schools/partners/#whatispartners?

in summary if you meet certain widening participation criteria, you can take part in this programme to get a reduced offer of up to 3 grades lower than the standard offer (so for example BBB), and also ucat threshold is lower. you have to take part in their summer school in y13 in order to be eligible and firm them

Hey do know roughly what the partners ucat threshold is?
Reply 48
Original post by chillipeppa
Hey do know roughly what the partners ucat threshold is?

2018 2560

2019 2550

2020 2620
2021 2720
Original post by GANFYD
2018 2560

2019 2550

2020 2620
2021 2720

Do you know roughly what they were for non-partners?
ty
Reply 50
Original post by Rara345
Do you know roughly what they were for non-partners?
ty

Past years are on their website. 2021 entry was 2820
Original post by GANFYD

Was just looking for the thread to say nevermind i found it! Sorry for the annoyance of asking a question I could have found myself, I didnt realise they published this information.
Reply 52
Original post by Rara345
Was just looking for the thread to say nevermind i found it! Sorry for the annoyance of asking a question I could have found myself, I didnt realise they published this information.

No problem! 😊
Every day is a school day, and you are starting to research admissions requirements - well done!
Original post by GANFYD

@GANFYD is there any point in me applying to standard undergraduate entry with my UCAT of 2790? Thanks!
Reply 54
Original post by Rivkygoldkin
@GANFYD is there any point in me applying to standard undergraduate entry with my UCAT of 2790? Thanks!

Depends whether you think this year will be less competitive than last year?
Original post by GANFYD
Depends whether you think this year will be less competitive than last year?

I doubt my thinking is an accurate representation if the reality that this could depend on! Lol what is your personal opinion? I have heard that it is not impossible to be considered with a lower score, and some people have emailed admissions directly to ask for consideration. Can this be s tragedy? I am trying to figure out what to do next if anything at all...
Reply 56
Original post by Rivkygoldkin
I doubt my thinking is an accurate representation if the reality that this could depend on! Lol what is your personal opinion? I have heard that it is not impossible to be considered with a lower score, and some people have emailed admissions directly to ask for consideration. Can this be s tragedy? I am trying to figure out what to do next if anything at all...

I actually suspect those that needed the top UCAT score this year will come down a bit - Newcastle, Glasgow, Bristol, St Andrews, as people with 2800-2850 are likely to be nervous about applying and possibly avoid them, going for the next tier down (Manchester, Sheffiled, Southampton, SGUL) who will perhaps go up a bit. Unfortunately, it may well not be to you level, but you have nothing to lose applying, if you cannot move elsewhere! I am not sure what ExCIrcs they would take, but if you have them, do let them know
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by GANFYD
I actually suspect those that needed the top UCAT score this year will come down a bit - Newcastle, Glasgow, Bristol, St Andrews, as people wiht 2800-2850 are likely to be nervous about applying adn possibly aavoid them, going for the next tier down (Manchester, Sheffiled, Southampton, SGUL) who will perhaps go up a bit. Unfortunately, it may well not be to you level, but you have nothing to lose applying, if you cannot move elsewhere! I am not sure what ExCIrcs they woul dtake, but if you have them, do let them know

Thank you!
Watching this thread with interest.
UCAT getting very close. 😬😬
Reply 59
hello everyone!
hope all good.
I am international student engineering bachelor graduate from my home country.
I got conformation from st george, southampton
and I just got academic confirmation from newcastle too
I am restricted with UCAT uni’s as I already got 2850 and I am not willing to do BMAT.
is there any fourth option that would accept my engineering degree with 2850 score to get into A100?
I tried contacting glassgow QMUL with no response.
kind regards,

Quick Reply

Latest