The Student Room Group

2022 private candidate support group

This is a thread for any A-level private candidates sitting their A levels in 2022!

Everyone introduce themselves and say what A levels they´re doing. I´ll start:

Hi, my name´s Helena and I´m doing Business Studies, Law and Psychology:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Oh my god perfect timing, I'm Moona doing Psychology, Biology, Sociology and I'm dreadingggg exams because my brain is an actual sieve since leaving school!!!
hey!!Im taking psychology and maths privately does anyone know if you can apply for 2022 June exams yet? everywhere I'm looking says they have applications open for November 2021 but I need to sign up for june 2022 asap so I can submit my university application by October
Reply 3
Original post by moonanisar17
Oh my god perfect timing, I'm Moona doing Psychology, Biology, Sociology and I'm dreadingggg exams because my brain is an actual sieve since leaving school!!!

Original post by exist crisis670
hey!!Im taking psychology and maths privately does anyone know if you can apply for 2022 June exams yet? everywhere I'm looking says they have applications open for November 2021 but I need to sign up for june 2022 asap so I can submit my university application by October

Hi! I´m not entirely sure but I´d recommend emailing some local colleges and asking them! Your exam board should have a list of colleges that accept private candidates!
:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by moonanisar17

Oh my god, same! I´m sure you´ll do great though! How are you finding your courses?
Reply 5
Hi, I’m doing AQA Biology and physics. Do you guys know where I can book my exams? Btw I passed my practical endorsement when I first took my A levels 4 years ago so it’s only the exams that I want to retake for med school(outside the U.K.)
Reply 6
Original post by exist crisis670

The software to make entries isn't issued to schools until mid November so I'd be surprised if any centres would take definite entries before then.
Reply 7
Original post by K23E23
Hi, I’m doing AQA Biology and physics. Do you guys know where I can book my exams? Btw I passed my practical endorsement when I first took my A levels 4 years ago so it’s only the exams that I want to retake for med school(outside the U.K.)

You can search here https://www.jcq.org.uk/private-candidates/ for centres that will probably take private candidates next Summer, but they're unlikely to accept them yet,
Reply 8
hello !! im alia :smile: I'm taking OCR biology and chemistry next summer
Reply 9
Original post by aliaa03
hello !! im alia :smile: I'm taking OCR biology and chemistry next summer

Hi Alia!! How are you finding your courses so far?
Original post by cabava
Hi Alia!! How are you finding your courses so far?

hey!!! i love your profile pic 🤣🤣

i’m finding them okay thanks !!! year 2 organic chem makes me cry sometimes but it’s fine 😌 it’s BIOLOGY that i hate !!!! how are you finding everything ?
Reply 11
Original post by aliaa03

i’m finding them okay thanks !!! year 2 organic chem makes me cry sometimes but it’s fine 😌 it’s BIOLOGY that i hate !!!! how are you finding everything ?

thank you so much!!! :smile:

I love business, and psychology is alright but I´d honestly rather watch paint dry than keep on studying law...

We just have to push on for a couple of months longer!!!:bawling: I hope Biology gets a bit more tolerable for you!!!!
Original post by cabava
thank you so much!!! :smile:

I love business, and psychology is alright but I´d honestly rather watch paint dry than keep on studying law...

We just have to push on for a couple of months longer!!!:bawling: I hope Biology gets a bit more tolerable for you!!!!

hey you’re taking business ???!!! i retook mine in October !! if you’d like any help please let me know. Although i had to resit as my papers were moderated down and i thought i deserved a higher grade, i am pretty decent at all the topics + calculations :smile:
Reply 13
Yes, I am!!! I´ll definitely let you know if anything pops up that I need help with! Thank you so much!!!:smile:
Reply 14
Original post by aliaa03

Hey, i am taking both A level Biology and Chemistry privately, let me know if you need help with any of them, i would be more than happy to help! And we could learn stuff we dont understand together? 😊
Reply 15
Hy guys! I am hoping to take Aqa Bio, chem phys and Edexcel maths this summer.
Original post by Tanyme
Hey, i am taking both A level Biology and Chemistry privately, let me know if you need help with any of them, i would be more than happy to help! And we could learn stuff we dont understand together? 😊

hii!! :smile: yes omg that would be great !!
Hi ..I am aiming to take chemistry A level in 2022.. can anyone tell me where to practice the practical side of the exam.Regards
Hi
I am aiming for chemistry A level exam 2022. Can anyone tell me where to practice the practical.part of the exam?
Regards
Reply 19
Original post by Febin Ahmed
Hi ..I am aiming to take chemistry A level in 2022.. can anyone tell me where to practice the practical side of the exam.Regards

Are you taking A levels in England or elsewhere? If in England, do you need a pass in the assessed practicals?

Quick Reply

Latest