The Student Room Group

King's College London A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

GCSES-six 9s, two 8s and one 6
Alevels-A*A*A(achieved)
Ucat-2680,band3(really disappointed)
What are my realistic chances of getting into KCL ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by qwertymedic2021
Hi. I'm not too sure myself but these sources might provide some more insight :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=91986806&postcount=673 (**pasted below)
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/491735/response/1232341/attach/4/470.18%20Response.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1 (Q2 doesn't exactly answer your question though)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Original post by username3300916)
Hmmm ok from what I remember being told on this thread a while ago, kings score GCSEs the follow
40% weighting,
7A*s = 40
6A*s = 30
5A*s = 20
4A*s = 10
<4A*s = 0

SJT - 5% weighting
Band 1 - 5%, Band 2 - 2.5%

UCAT score - 45% weighting
I’m assuming it’s done via deciles with 9th decile scoring 45/45 and each decile dropping 5 points.
Kings could very well have their own decile scoring system which could be higher than the UCAT deciles (hull York has a system like that from what I remember)

Contextual data - 10%

(This is all rough estimates)

I assume you need 50%+ to be fine
as people have got in with a UCAT of 2400+ which would be around 4th decile so 20/45 and would probs have had solid GCSEs.
I’m also aware if you have no A*s at GCSES, based off previous years, you would need a 700+ to secure an interview. So that would imply to me that then those people with no A*s at GCSEs must’ve scored the full 50/50 in the UCAt to secure an interview.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi - using last years scoring I score 85% - I’m not WP/contextual and unfortunately got Band 3. However UCAT score v high and have all A* at GCSE. Given GCSE grades are higher with CAGS would I be likely to make it to interview or is it too risky this year?
Original post by dinomedic
its hard to give proper advice with a theoretical ucat score, i would say wait until you have your actual score

GCSEs: 9999888888
A level predicted : A*A*A*
UCAT 2800 band 2
Relevant work experience and extracurriculars, do you think I have a chance at getting an interview?
Reply 43
Original post by A.Lal1912
GCSEs: 9999888888
A level predicted : A*A*A*
UCAT 2800 band 2
Relevant work experience and extracurriculars, do you think I have a chance at getting an interview?

If it was last year you’d just about get an interview in the last batch.
Reply 44
Original post by SNA5R18
If it was last year you’d just about get an interview in the last batch.

Do you know what the minimum score was for last year? I understand they score 40% GCSEs (max 8xA*) and 50% from UCAT (of which 10% is for SJT - Band 1: 10%, Band 2: 5%). + WP allowances.
Original post by ldv2022
Do you know what the minimum score was for last year? I understand they score 40% GCSEs (max 8xA*) and 50% from UCAT (of which 10% is for SJT - Band 1: 10%, Band 2: 5%). + WP allowances.

sjt is 5%- band 1: 5, band 2: 2.5
Reply 46
Original post by ldv2022

Unfortunately I’m reapplying this year, but I had an interview during my exams, and I believe it was one of the last interviews they offered, I had 10 9s and 8s and 2790 b3. So I think that 2800 and 2790 may be within same score, but might have just a bit extra with the band 2. However, you never know with the boundaries, could go up or down. Hope for the best!
I was an offer holder in 2021 cycle but I missed my grades by getting BBC (long story) so I’m resitting my a levels June 2022. I got 690 B2 last year and I’m redoing ucat in a few weeks.

let’s see what happens I guess
Original post by bubblybabbler
I was an offer holder in 2021 cycle but I missed my grades by getting BBC (long story) so I’m resitting my a levels June 2022. I got 690 B2 last year and I’m redoing ucat in a few weeks.

let’s see what happens I guess

Were your gcses all A*s?
Hoping to apply this year, my stats hopefully will be good enough. Does anyone know if interviews will be online?
Hi guys,
Just did my ucat today and idk if its enough for King's

GCSEs - nine 9s and one 8, plus distinction in further maths (WJEC)
A-Levels - pred A* A* A
UCAT - 2810 band 2
Done 6 months virtual work experience
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 51
I did my UCAT today too and got 2630 band 3.
I’ve got 10 9/8s at GCSE.

I’m not sure if my UCAT is high enough. Am I right?
Reply 52
Original post by N3mo.Cl0wn
Hi guys,
Just did my ucat today and idk if its enough for King's

GCSEs - nine 9s and one 8, plus distinction in further maths (WJEC)
A-Levels - pred A* A* A
UCAT - 2810 band 2
Done 6 months virtual work experience

Should be OK
Original post by Adamiq
I did my UCAT today too and got 2630 band 3.
I’ve got 10 9/8s at GCSE.

I’m not sure if my UCAT is high enough. Am I right?

Unfortunately, probably not, based on last year
GCSEs - 4 9s, 5 8s and one 7

A levels - predicted A*A*A* (Bio, Chem, Psychology). Plus A* in EPQ.

Is a UCAT score of 2770 plus Band 1 enough?
Original post by keeno25
Were your gcses all A*s?

6 a*s and 3 a
9999888776A*A*A* GCSEs,
3A* achieved in a levels
ucat - 2650 band 2
VR - 540
DM- 630
QR - 800
AR - 680

Contextual according to the kings wesbite
is it still risky to apply for kings because of my ucat?
Reply 56
Original post by jonathannatalie1
9999888776A*A*A* GCSEs,
3A* achieved in a levels
ucat - 2650 band 2
VR - 540
DM- 630
QR - 800
AR - 680

Contextual according to the kings wesbite
is it still risky to apply for kings because of my ucat?

I am not sure you would have made the cut off last year
Hi guys, I'm an international student and my stats are:
IGCSEs: 9 A* A* A* A A 7 6
A levels (obtained): A*AAA
UCAT: 2830 B3(which I'm worried about)

I really wanted to go to Kings but is it worth applying?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 58
Hi - home student, scored 3000 B3 and am interested in applying to Kings (KCL) I have full points for GCSES (all A* or 8). Based on KCL scoring system (if same as last year) this totals 130pts (I've no points for SJT and none for WP).
Others have said they got an interview last year with 2790 B3 & full points for GCSEs, and think they were part of the last batch invited to interview, which I calculated as roughly 120pts as it would've been 8th decile.
I know the cut-off may not be 120pts this year but with a 10point cushion (as I have 130pts) do you think this will be enough?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by ldv2022
Hi - home student, scored 3000 B3 and am interested in applying to Kings (KCL) I have full points for GCSES (all A* or 8). Based on KCL scoring system (if same as last year) this totals 130pts (I've no points for SJT and none for WP).
Others have said they got an interview last year with 2790 B3 & full points for GCSEs, and think they were part of the last batch invited to interview, which I calculated as roughly 120pts as it would've been 8th decile.
I know the cut-off may not be 120pts this year but with a 10point cushion (as I have 130pts) do you think this will be enough?

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending