The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

George Stephenson College 2021

Hi all, just a thread for the above college. Please introduce yourself. I'm studying English and History :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I'm studying History :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DGrace
Hi, I'm studying History :smile:

Awesome. Mind if I ask what your stats are? I look forward to meeting you!
Reply 3
sure, A*A*A (History, English Lit, German). Wbu?
(SORRY for the vv late reply :smile:)
I just got reallocated here so I was hoping we might revive the thread haha?

I'm doing English (though I tried to switch to psychology and I'd probably take an available place there).
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
I just got my place confirmed as well!!What kind of room preference did yiu go for?
Original post by DGrace
I just got my place confirmed as well!!What kind of room preference did yiu go for?

I put down single en suite because that's the ideal for me, but I also tried to mention I wouldn't mind a paired! I think any setup is ideal there really - no shared!

I skipped through the form today though thinking I'd be able to go back and check what was in the packs but unfortunately that wasn't the case, so I'm hoping I can somehow still get the kitchen and dining packs 😂

How about you?
Original post by ashtolga23
I just got reallocated here so I was hoping we might revive the thread haha?

I'm doing English (though I tried to switch to psychology and I'd probably take an available place there).

Hey, I'm late to this thread, but I just got transferred to Stephenson College as well!
I'm studying Liberal Arts (History, Politics, English and Classics). What English modules are you taking (if you've chosen yet!) :smile:
Original post by RubyN2003
Hey, I'm late to this thread, but I just got transferred to Stephenson College as well!
I'm studying Liberal Arts (History, Politics, English and Classics). What English modules are you taking (if you've chosen yet!) :smile:

Ooh awesome! Kind of wish I'd looked into liberal arts a bit more actually.

Funnily enough I just finalised them and sent them off about an hour ago! Obviously there's the three core intros, then I added classical and biblical background.

I wanted to do the introduction to criminology module from sociology but it clashed with a visual arts and film module I chose, so I also went with the God and Evil module from theology.

How about you? :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey, I’m doing psychology! Also just got reallocated here. Haven’t got an email asking what room type I want though? What account was yours sent to, the UCAS one or the new Durham one?
Original post by ashtolga23
Ooh awesome! Kind of wish I'd looked into liberal arts a bit more actually.

Funnily enough I just finalised them and sent them off about an hour ago! Obviously there's the three core intros, then I added classical and biblical background.

I wanted to do the introduction to criminology module from sociology but it clashed with a visual arts and film module I chose, so I also went with the God and Evil module from theology.

How about you? :smile:

With Liberal Arts, I only needed to do one module for English so I chose the 'Introduction to the Novel'. Visual Arts and Film seems like such an interesting course, but yeah clashing modules is so annoying, but I'm sure God and Evil will be really interesting as well. For history basically half the modules weren't available, so I chose American slavery and early Europe. Politics I'm doing Democracies and intro to political theories, and then Classics I'm doing intro to the Greek World.

Yeah, Liberal Arts is good because of how flexible it is, it's just become a bit annoying with how complicated it all is now haha
Original post by P0larbear
Hey, I’m doing psychology! Also just got reallocated here. Haven’t got an email asking what room type I want though? What account was yours sent to, the UCAS one or the new Durham one?

I got mine sent to the one I registered with UCAS, but the email ended up in my 'social' inbox, so maybe if you haven't looked in there it's worth a try. If not you may need to email the college?
Original post by RubyN2003
With Liberal Arts, I only needed to do one module for English so I chose the 'Introduction to the Novel'. Visual Arts and Film seems like such an interesting course, but yeah clashing modules is so annoying, but I'm sure God and Evil will be really interesting as well. For history basically half the modules weren't available, so I chose American slavery and early Europe. Politics I'm doing Democracies and intro to political theories, and then Classics I'm doing intro to the Greek World.

Yeah, Liberal Arts is good because of how flexible it is, it's just become a bit annoying with how complicated it all is now haha

That sounds brilliant! It is annoying when they're tied or clashing or something but it seems like you've got some good choices.

I hope you enjoy the course still!
Also Stephenson (History). Am I right the accommodation form was really short? Just bathroom option? Other colleges had forms to describe themselves, floor preference and so on. I just clicked a bathroom choice (no option to give a second preference).
Original post by Anonymous
Also Stephenson (History). Am I right the accommodation form was really short? Just bathroom option? Other colleges had forms to describe themselves, floor preference and so on. I just clicked a bathroom choice (no option to give a second preference).

It was really short compared to others. The description is needed for roommates but Stevo doesn't have shared (thank god lol) :smile:
Reply 15
Think
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by DGrace
Think

??
Hey, I'll be commuting and studying Law, saves me the hassle of worrying about accommodation
Hi, I'll be study mathematics and got reallocated here but I'm not complaining I'm glad there are no shared rooms here!
Original post by OliviaH731
Hi, I'll be study mathematics and got reallocated here but I'm not complaining I'm glad there are no shared rooms here!

Same - they seem to be doubling up a lot of the Bailey rooms. Glad I don’t have to think about that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending