The Student Room Group

Ucas - india isc

Under the educational qualification section, I have just mentioned my ICSE 10th Board grades and that my ISC 12th grades are pending. Do I have to put in my internal marks for 9,10,11,&12 grades as well? if so how? and also my reference has just put pass in predicted grades since ISC gives either pass or fail as an overall grade? Is that right?
Reply 1
Original post by zhongli
Under the educational qualification section, I have just mentioned my ICSE 10th Board grades and that my ISC 12th grades are pending. Do I have to put in my internal marks for 9,10,11,&12 grades as well? if so how? and also my reference has just put pass in predicted grades since ISC gives either pass or fail as an overall grade? Is that right?

Hey!
I am also an ISC student and have submitted my application. I have a conditional offer from the University of Manchester so I think that I can help you out.
1. no you do not have to submit your internal grades. Only 10th board results.
2. I would advise that you contact UCAS and refill your reference and ask your referee to provide a percentage. Like 93% or 95%.
Reply 2
Original post by Isw
Hey!
I am also an ISC student and have submitted my application. I have a conditional offer from the University of Manchester so I think that I can help you out.
2. I would advise that you contact UCAS and refill your reference and ask your referee to provide a percentage. Like 93% or 95%.

ok thank you so much
Original post by Isw
Hey!

Wait you submitted only 10th board marks and 12th predicted grades? Isn’t that too less information for good unis like Manchester to decide whether to take you in? Did you do this by choice or is there no slot to put your 9th and 11th marks in ucas?
Original post by An ony mous
Wait you submitted only 10th board marks and 12th predicted grades? Isn’t that too less information for good unis like Manchester to decide whether to take you in? Did you do this by choice or is there no slot to put your 9th and 11th marks in ucas?

UK universities only consider 10th grade marks and 12th grade predicted scores
Original post by Anonymous(
UK universities only consider 10th grade marks and 12th grade predicted scores

Are you sure? Birmingham states this on their page for India: We know that the past year has been challenging for students and are aware that various exam boards in India have now been cancelled due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. If this affects you, we would like to reassure you that we have implemented flexible arrangements and will assess your application based on your Standard X, XI and mock or predicted grades from your school.
Original post by An ony mous
Are you sure? Birmingham states this on their page for India: We know that the past year has been challenging for students and are aware that various exam boards in India have now been cancelled due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. If this affects you, we would like to reassure you that we have implemented flexible arrangements and will assess your application based on your Standard X, XI and mock or predicted grades from your school.

Typically they only consider X and XII results. They have only added this in response to COVID. You can add each year as a new qualification. But if Birmingham need any info that you don't include, they will contact you to ask for it.
Original post by Admit-One
Typically they only consider X and XII results. They have only added this in response to COVID. You can add each year as a new qualification. But if Birmingham need any info that you don't include, they will contact you to ask for it.

Ooh thank you!
Under the ISC boards, in the percentage section if i put pending it is asking for a numberm what should i do then?
Original post by Fitz73737
Under the ISC boards, in the percentage section if i put pending it is asking for a numberm what should i do then?

If you put a future award date for any pending qualifications, it should ask your referee to input a prediction, not you. There is a small section for module results, but it is not mandatory.
If you put a future award date for any pending qualifications, it should ask your referee to input a prediction, not you. There is a small section for module results, but it is not mandatory.

So I'll just enter pending% and leave it. Then my referee will input predicted grades?
Original post by Fitz73737
So I'll just enter pending% and leave it. Then my referee will input predicted grades?

Yes, exactly.
Original post by Isw
Hey!

Hi! I have a small doubt for the predicted score my councillor is saying that there only one box to enter the percentage so are we supposed to enter the overall percentage of all subjects combined. Is there an option to enter score for each subject?
Original post by Vaishnavi.2766
Hi! I have a small doubt for the predicted score my councillor is saying that there only one box to enter the percentage so are we supposed to enter the overall percentage of all subjects combined. Is there an option to enter score for each subject?

Your ref should enter your predicted overall average in the qualification results section. You can enter any current subject scores as modules if there is space.
Your ref should enter your predicted overall average in the qualification results section. You can enter any current subject scores as modules if there is space.

Okay. There is only one box to enter the score so I think we can enter subject wise
Original post by Vaishnavi.2766
Okay. There is only one box to enter the score so I think we can enter subject wise

Yeah, there won't be space for subject scores in the overall grade so most Indian candidates resort to using the modules instead. So long as you include the overall and subject scores for anything that is essential, you will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest