The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL 2022 Applicants Thread

So I realised that there is no official thread for this yet (or maybe I've not seen it haha)
Introduce yourself and what you're applying for
What other universities you're thinking of
A levels/BTECs/IB/ Highers predicted grades
GCSE grades
Extracurriculars
You can say as much as you're comfortable with :smile:

Mod note: The forms and documents in this thread are not managed or operated by The Student Room, and are set up by members of the community. Please do take this into account when entering your details into this form. All data you share is at your own risk. If you have any questions, please come and talk to us in Ask The Community Staff.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/staying-safe-on-the-student-room

And for those who have started receiving offers:
Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfjkUtihOlMDTgG4MQjxAR6q8O4ktjmE_emSCTyWw-I1YOGFg/viewform

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hgONfiAZFccqEDXWK6kZ1uh_QLQoy0Gkucxyz5CtdEQ/edit#gid=1055948974
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Might as well start.
I'm Eve, I'm thinking of applying for the Fine Art BA at UCL (Slade). UCL offer both a 4-year Fine Art BA and a 3-year Fine Art BFA, but I'm leaning towards the BA because of the history of art component.

I'm also hoping to apply to Oxford, two University of the Arts London colleges (CSM and Chelsea), and Kingston.

I'm taking 4 A-Levels in English Literature, Chemistry, Economics and Art and Design. I achieved AAAA at AS, but will hopefully be predicted A*A*A*A* or A*A*A*A.
I have another A-Level that I've already completed this year, which was History of Art (A*).

At GCSE, I got 11A*'s. We haven't moved over to the 9-1 system yet, so I don't know what that would be in 8s or 9s.

Whilst I have a few extracurriculars (e.g. volunteering with my local football club), I think most of my personal statement will probably be supercurriculars - I've taken three short courses at UAL and a life drawing class locally, alongside doing a decent amount of further reading around History of Art.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by EDEM0978
Might as well start.
I'm Eve, I'm thinking of applying for the Fine Art BA at UCL (Slade). UCL offer both a 4-year Fine Art BA and a 3-year Fine Art BFA, but I'm leaning towards the BA because of the history of art component.

I'm also hoping to apply to Oxford, two University of the Arts London colleges (CSM and Chelsea), and Kingston.

I'm taking 4 A-Levels in English Literature, Chemistry, Economics and Art and Design. I achieved AAAA at AS, but will hopefully be predicted A*A*A*A* or A*A*A*A.
I have another A-Level that I've already completed this year, which was History of Art (A*).

At GCSE, I got 11A*'s. We haven't moved over to the 9-1 system yet, so I don't know what that would be in 8s or 9s.

Whilst I have a few extracurriculars (e.g. volunteering with my local football club), I think most of my personal statement will probably be supercurriculars - I've taken three short courses at UAL and a life drawing class locally, alongside doing a decent amount of further reading around History of Art.

That's really cool. Heyyy, I'm applying for Law at UCL.
I also plan to apply to Bristol, King's, Leeds and Kent.
I'm taking 3 Alevels: Law, Economics and Sociology. Hoping to be predicted A*A*A.
For my extracurriculars, I'm part of the dance society in my sixth form. Planning to use supercurriculars too... that's books I read mainly
Original post by plain__jane
I'm taking 3 Alevels: Law, Economics and Sociology. Hoping to be predicted A*A*A.
For my extracurriculars, I'm part of the dance society in my sixth form. Planning to use supercurriculars too... that's books I read mainly

Ooh, nice to see someone who also does Economics! Would UCL be your first choice or would it be one of the other universities?
Ooh, nice to see someone who also does Economics! Would UCL be your first choice or would it be one of the other universities?

my first... I hope to make Bristol my insurance
my first... I hope to make Bristol my insurance

Ah, great! Best of luck, really hope you get into both.
Ah, great! Best of luck, really hope you get into both.

thanks❤ you too
Introduce yourself and what you're applying for
Hey. I'm looking to apply for natural sciences

What other universities you're thinking of
A few. Notts, Lancaster and UCL are my favs

A levels/BTECs/IB/ Highers predicted grades
no idea yet ! but I do Biology Chemistry Physics and Maths :smile:

GCSE grades
Maths, Triple Science, Religious Studies = 9

English Literature and Language, Geography = 8
French = 5
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Hi,

I have been offered an ensuite room at New Hall and would like to swap for / take the contract of a Studio at New Hall. Please DM me if you are interested
hey this is not the accommodation swap thread. There is a different thread for that😁
Course: History, Politics and Economics BA
Other universities: Cambridge (HSPS), Warwick (PPE), Warwick (Accounting and Finance), Birmingham (PPE).
A level Grades (2021): Achieved 3 A*s at A level in Maths, Economics and Politics already and an A* in my EPQ.
GCSE Grades (2019): 9988887766 + B in FSMQ. 9 in Maths, A (7) in English Language and a 6 in French.
Hi
Course: Economics and Business with East European Studies
Achieved grade: 94% in class 12 CBSE
Applying to LSE, Manchester, Edinburgh and KCL

Applying to Law here as well (along with Oxford, KCL, QMUL and Exeter), how’s your LNAT/personal statement prep going so far? 🙂
heyy applying to UCL, Kings, LSE, Bristol and Durham for Law LLB! Have yet to sit the lnat tho:smile:
Reply 14
Hey, what are your predicted grades like?
Original post by liseazurite
Applying to Law here as well (along with Oxford, KCL, QMUL and Exeter), how’s your LNAT/personal statement prep going so far? 🙂

it's been okay really still thinking whether to pay for arbitio or not tho
Reply 16
I have applied for BSc/MSci Neuroscience!
Other universities I am thinking of: Cambridge, Imperial
IB: 43
GCSE: 8 A*s, 3 A
it's been okay really still thinking whether to pay for arbitio or not tho

I would highly recommend
how are everyones predicted grades?
Original post by Anonymous
how are everyones predicted grades?

I have achieved grades of 94% in class 12

Latest

Trending