The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Chat Thread (2021-2022)

Welcome to the Current Year 13 Chat Thread :gah:

Hello humans ! I can't believe we're in year 13 already. :flybye: Let's hope covid-19 is not too disruptive this year :crossedf:

Soooo... time for some icebreakers: answer as many or few as you want! Or make up some of your own :tongue:

> What are your hobbies/interests?
> What are you currently studying?
> What grades do you hope to achieve?

> If applicable, what universities/courses are you applying for?
> Thinking about a gap year?
> What are your goals for the future?
> How are you feeling about this year?

> Got a GYG (grow your grades) blog? Post a link

Spoiler

Some useful links (ask me if you'd like to add more):
A-Level Revision Tips
Advice from A* students
A-level forum
Applications, Clearing and UCAS forum

[IMAGE DESCRIPTION: cute ghost waving a flag with a shadow and image credit("CHIBIRD") beneath them. Above in black writing: "A lot of people only get support after they achieve something awesome. I'm here to support you before that. go you!!!"]
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey all :wavey:

Quoting everyone who posted in the year 12 thread last year! Best of luck for all of you for year 13 :hugs:

Spoiler

not ready for collegeee
Original post by The Real Me
not ready for collegeee

:hugs:
are you just starting college ? :smile: This thread is for the second year (typically 17-18 years old)
I'm almost ready, just gotta finish off my homework because, procrastination.
Original post by Throwaway48

i have induction activities to do which i am too lazy to do
> What are your hobbies/interests?
I think most things can be interesting. Atm I have special intrests in mental health (particularly neurodivergency) and veganism

> What are you currently studying?
A level in Biology Chemistry Physics and Maths

> What grades do you hope to achieve?
meh. enough to get into uni I guess

> If applicable, what universities/courses are you applying for?
I want to do natural sciences. My fav unis are Lancaster, Nottingham and UCL

> Thinking about a gap year?
:no:

> What are your goals for the future?
To be happy.

> How are you feeling about this year?
Dreading exams !
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by The Real Me
I have induction activities to do which I am too lazy to do

Induction activities? What does that include? It sounds like Year 12 stuff.

I have to revise for my September exams :rolleyes:
they are our last chance to get higher predicted grades :redface:
Original post by Obolinda
I have to revise for my September exams :rolleyes:
they are our last chance to get higher predicted grades :redface:

My progress checks are in October and my mocks are in November so I still have time! Though, my plan is to submit my ps as early as possible so that they can send off my application early as possible so that if my teachers were to try to downgrade me in terms of predictions, I would still have good predicted grades sent on UCAS - I'm assuming they're unchangeable, right? 😬
My progress checks are in October and my mocks are in November so I still have time! Though, my plan is to submit my ps as early as possible so that they can send off my application early as possible so that if my teachers were to try to downgrade me in terms of predictions, I would still have good predicted grades sent on UCAS - I'm assuming they're unchangeable, right? 😬

I've no idea :s-smilie: Although if the progress checks caused the teacher to downgrade pg, what happens to ppl who have early deadline due to Oxbridge, medicine, etc ?
(edited 2 years ago)
I've no idea :s-smilie: Although if the progress checks caused the teacher to downgrade pg, what happens to lol ppl who have early deadline due to Oxbridge, medicine, etc ?

Change of plans I guess. Plan B always comes in handy.
Change of plans I guess. Plan B always comes in handy.

i mean because their app deadline is October :tongue: so their app would have already been submitted presumably
i mean because their app deadline is October :tongue: so their app would have already been submitted presumably

Depends on when in October though. Also depends on what Plan B consists of - maybe no more Oxbridge, Medicine, etc. Or maybe, a new course or a new university or both.
Hello! Im currently studying A level law, psychology, and i just changed biology to politics (so i’ll be taking an extra year!)- i plan to get A*AA
I would like to study law at the end of my time at college
I am nervous about this year, as honestly i think our cohort of students have been affected most by the pandemic, so fingers crossed all is smooth sailing for us all this year!
I've already started school. Started last friday 😂😂😢
oh yeh..

hobbies - Baking
Alevels - Bio chem Eng lang
cant remember the rest rn 😂
Original post by Squiggles1238
I am nervous about this year, as honestly i think our cohort of students have been affected most by the pandemic, so fingers crossed all is smooth sailing for us all this year!

agree :yep:

Original post by Bookworm_88
I've already started school. Started last friday 😂😂😢

oh wow :eek: are you in England??

predicted grades are unchangeable after you send off your ucas application yeah :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
Hey all :wavey:

Quoting everyone who posted in the year 12 thread last year! Best of luck for all of you for year 13 :hugs:

Spoiler

Thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest