The Student Room Group

Is it a red flag if over 2 dates a guy has made no physical contact?

Scroll to see replies

Yes. Totally a red flag. Never go out with him again.

Spoiler

There’s no flirting either. It just feels like friendship.
Would most people just start seeing him as a friend if he made no move for 2 or even 3 dates?
Original post by Anonymous
Would most people just start seeing him as a friend if he made no move for 2 or even 3 dates?

We have told you, you need to speak to him. Ask him if he sees you just as a friend or a girlfriend.
Original post by Oxford Mum
We have told you, you need to speak to him. Ask him if he sees you just as a friend or a girlfriend.

After 2 dates?
After 2 dates?

Whatever. You keep on asking the same question, and we have all given you good answers.

Leave it a couple of dates if you want, then bring it up. I don't know what else you expect us to say.

You have as much of a responsibility as him to make things exciting and romantic. If you want moves to be made, then make a move!
If he tried to finger you you would on here moaning about it
I think it depends how you met each other, if you met on an app, personally for me, I want to spend the first few dates getting to know a person before being intimate with them. That said, if he doesn't at least hug you at the start and/or end of the date, it's a little too much.

When I started seeing my current gf, after moving to a new city and meeting on an app, I felt like this. For the the third date she invited me to see some fireworks on the river embankment. There was a big crowd and she grabbed my hand and said she didn't want to let go - it was the sign I needed.
Reply 29
I think it depends how you met each other, if you met on an app, personally for me, I want to spend the first few dates getting to know a person before being intimate with them. That said, if he doesn't at least hug you at the start and/or end of the date, it's a little too much.

When I started seeing my current gf, after moving to a new city and meeting on an app, I felt like this. For the the third date she invited me to see some fireworks on the river embankment. There was a big crowd and she grabbed my hand and said she didn't want to let go - it was the sign I needed.

That's actually very sweet.
Original post by karl pilkington
If he tried to finger you you would on here moaning about it

Believe it or not, there are things you can do with someone you're dating that are more intimate and physical than just talking, but less intimate than fingering them... It's completely reasonable for someone to be put off if their date hasn't made any physical advances OR if they've tried to do way too much way too fast.
(edited 2 years ago)
Why don't you just ask him about it? As a fellow girl I cba with this creeping around cr4p - or just initiate it yourself, he's probably shy.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Believe it or not, there are things you can do with someone you're dating that are more intimate and physical than just talking, but less intimate than fingering them... It's completely reasonable for someone to be put off if their date hasn't made any physical advances OR if they've tried to do way too much way too fast.

Why doesn't OP make some advances herself then?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It sounds like he's just being careful not to make you uncomfortable. If you want more physical touching, give him clear signs that's what you want, or if it's clear he'd be okay with it, touch him.

Original post by Chief Wiggum
Why doesn't OP make some advances herself then?

I mean that's basically what I already suggested she might do :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending