The Student Room Group

Who is the GOAT in football?

Who is the GOAT (Greatest of all time) in football?

Mine has to be Arjen Robben, closely followed by Philip Lahm.

Who's everyone else saying is thr GOAT?

Scroll to see replies

Messi
Marta Vieira da Silva
Joe
can't really decide between Ronaldo and Messi. all i know is that both have surpassed Pele and Maradona.
Pele. The only football player who ever won three world cups in his career.

Original post by Kentinho99
Who is the GOAT (Greatest of all time) in football?

Mine has to be Arjen Robben, closely followed by Philip Lahm.

Who's everyone else saying is thr GOAT?

Admittedly, Philipp Lahm was the last world class right-back the German squad had, but why of all things him?
Original post by Kallisto

Admittedly, Philipp Lahm was the last world class right-back the German squad had, but why of all things him?

I don't really know its just full backs and wingers are my favourite positions. What Robben could do on his day was sensational. Lahm and players like Dani Alves were unbelievably talented and pacy. As you can tell though my team is Bayern Munich
I don't really know its just full backs and wingers are my favourite positions. What Robben could do on his day was sensational. Lahm and players like Dani Alves were unbelievably talented and pacy. As you can tell though my team is Bayern Munich

As your team is Bayern Munich, you certainly learnt that one of the best player in Bayern's history ever, the best center-forward ever in Bundesliga, Gerd Müller, died weeks ago. He is a GOAT in his career too.
Attacker - Messi
Midfielder - Xavi
Defender - Maldini
Goalkeeper - Neuer
Maradona, Messi or Ronaldo de Lima (not Cristiano).

Pele played football in an era where the sport was not that competitive by modern standards. They played football on farm fields.
(edited 2 years ago)
Cristiano Ronaldo cos he’s the all time champion league goal scorer. Also cos he challenges himself and moves to different leagues where he just breaks more records. Unlike messi who just stays in his comfort zone surrounded by players like iniesta, xavi, neymar, suarez, etc where his goals are handed on a plate and i forgot, playing *****y teams like real betis and scoring a hatrick. Cr7 is the goat…
Original post by GyrosUberAlles
Pele played football in an era where the sport was not that competitive by modern standards. They played football on farm fields.

Yeah, we all know this. The modern football is faster and more compplex in play than at that time, despite this, but also not sooo commercialized as it is nowadays. And I am aware of the beginnings of commerce in the 70s.
Original post by GyrosUberAlles

+ he didn't even play in Europe. no big deal scoring 1000 goals in the Brazilian league
Cristiano Ronaldo.
As your team is Bayern Munich, you certainly learnt that one of the best player in Bayern's history ever, the best center-forward ever in Bundesliga, Gerd Müller, died weeks ago. He is a GOAT in his career too.

Yeah i mean Müller definitely GOAT of that era and yoy aee lile now Lewandowski is arguably the best player for Bayern now. Although i love Thomas Müller, Gnabry and Definitely a fan of Musiala what a career he has got ahead of him. But no5i started getting into the Bundesliga when Lahm and Robben were in their primes.
Original post by a_human_being?
Marta Vieira da Silva

Noice
Original post by hungrysalamander
Joe

Who is Joe? Joe Cole? Joe Jordan?
Original post by finance12345
Cristiano Ronaldo cos he’s the all time champion league goal scorer. Also cos he challenges himself and moves to different leagues where he just breaks more records. Unlike messi who just stays in his comfort zone surrounded by players like iniesta, xavi, neymar, suarez, etc where his goals are handed on a plate and i forgot, playing *****y teams like real betis and scoring a hatrick. Cr7 is the goat…

Fair enough. But I mean of course its more difficult moving from league to league to league and being world class. However what Messi has done is phenomenal. Plus playing world class every season what with all the forwards changing and what not. Got to gove him some credit.
Who is Joe? Joe Cole? Joe Jordan?

Spoiler

Sorry not sorry
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest