The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
aha lmao im still jealous tho
Original post by nikkiblonsky
:banana: :afraid: :banana:YR 11 CHAT THREAD-2021-2022:banana: :afraid: :banana:

ahhhhh we made it besties, we're at our final yr of secondary school, how is everybody feeling? Talk about revision , share tears together as we prepare for our GCSES (vomits)

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :burnout:

honestly though guys we have got this, and we are gonna all ace our gcses, final year of school guys lets do this!!!

also , do u think you'lll miss secondary school? :creep:

- ****Introduce yourself*****
:angelwings:
- What subjects are you doing and on which exam board?
:angelwings:- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
:angelwings:- What grades are you aiming for at the end of the year?
:angelwings:- Any ideas what you would like to do after this year?
:angelwings:- Share your top revision technique

Hiii

So I am taking
CS - OCR
Maths - Edexcel higher
English - AQA
French - AQA higher
RE - Eduqas
Triple Science - Edexcel higher
Geography - Edexcel B
Freestanding Additional Maths - OCR
(i think thats all, not sure if i'm forgetting any)

I enjoy watching anime, playing games (Identity V, OSU!, Roblox etc)

I'm aiming for all 8s and 9s (hopefully majority 9s)
I'm taking the Kings College Maths School Entrance Exam this December
I would like to take A-Level Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Physics with an EPQ in maybe Drama or English Lit
My top revision tip is to take your time, don't burn yourself out and flashcards help A LOT but do whatever suits you.
Original post by radbhak
Hiii

So I am taking
CS - OCR
Maths - Edexcel higher
English - AQA
French - AQA higher
RE - Eduqas
Triple Science - Edexcel higher
Geography - Edexcel B
Freestanding Additional Maths - OCR
(i think thats all, not sure if i'm forgetting any)

I enjoy watching anime, playing games (Identity V, OSU!, Roblox etc)

I'm aiming for all 8s and 9s (hopefully majority 9s)
I'm taking the Kings College Maths School Entrance Exam this December
I would like to take A-Level Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Physics with an EPQ in maybe Drama or English Lit
My top revision tip is to take your time, don't burn yourself out and flashcards help A LOT but do whatever suits you.

Oh wow good luck with your entrance exam!! KCMS looks like a great school :biggrin:
Original post by nikkiblonsky
:banana: :afraid: :banana:YR 11 CHAT THREAD-2021-2022:banana: :afraid: :banana:

ahhhhh we made it besties, we're at our final yr of secondary school, how is everybody feeling? Talk about revision , share tears together as we prepare for our GCSES (vomits)

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :burnout:

honestly though guys we have got this, and we are gonna all ace our gcses, final year of school guys lets do this!!!

also , do u think you'lll miss secondary school? :creep:

- ****Introduce yourself*****
:angelwings:
- What subjects are you doing and on which exam board?
:angelwings:- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
:angelwings:- What grades are you aiming for at the end of the year?
:angelwings:- Any ideas what you would like to do after this year?
:angelwings:- Share your top revision technique

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone is keeping well.

I say I hate school and all this, but, come, leavers day - I will probably be moaning that it's gone too fast and all that haha. Though I will miss quite a few teachers, I have to say.

My subjects are as follows:
AQA - English.
AQA - Maths.
AQA - Biology.
AQA - Chemistry
AQA - Physics.
OCR B - Geography.
Edexcel - History.
AQA - Media Studies.
AQA - Photography.

Since I love photography so much - I also enjoy it in my spare time! Until I get the shot I want...I just keep preserving with it!

Grade wise I'm aiming for at the end of the year - I'm aiming for a minimum of a 6 in most subjects, apart from Maths which I failed during Year 10 mocks - so hoping for improvement!

After this year - I want to do an apprenticeship as I want a brand new experience - and I feel it would be good for me practically (to give me even more relevant experience tailored to jobs.)

My revision top tip is - take regular breaks - I know we are told to revise hard etc...but, you also need to look after mental wellbeing. You can not perform at your best unless you are in the right mind.

Good luck fellow Year 11s, we have this :smile: Class of 22 :smile:
4 days until I go bac :afraid:
I go back to school on the 7th and I just remembered thats when I'm getting my actual GCSE Eng Lit result cuz my school does it in Y10 aaaaa PaNiK
English lit AQA
English language AQA
Maths AQA (was going to do further maths but my new school decided my grades weren’t ‘good enough’ :angry:)
Spanish AQA
History AQA
Triple science (all AQA)
Economics Edexcel
Computer science AQA
Media Studies AQA
Drama AQA

I'm aiming at 2's and 3's, so when I get my predicted 7's and 8's I can celebrate and be happy lmao
In my spare time I like playing football (when my asthma's in a good mood) and listening to music, yeah, I know I'm boring
No idea what I want to do in the future
My top revision technique is bribing yourself with promises of ice cream and chocolate. Works every time.

Spoiler

Thanksss
I'm aiming for a 7 or 8 but my average grade is a 7 but I did get some 8's in essays so I'm hoping that will maybe pull up my grade a bit
I did An Inspector Calls and Romeo and Juliet and then the poetry anthology but we barely did anything for R+J
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi! I’m ecoleaf and I’m taking:
Maths (AQA)
Further Maths (AQA)
Triple science (AQA)
PE (OCR)
Higher French (AQA)
History (OCR)
English Lit and Lang (Edexcel)
Economics (OCR)
So 12 in all, and aiming for straight 9s :smile:
I play a few instruments, read and play netball in my spare time. My fav reason technique is past papers!
Original post by ecoleaf
Hi! I’m ecoleaf and I’m taking:
Maths (AQA)
Further Maths (AQA)
Triple science (AQA)
PE (OCR)
Higher French (AQA)
History (OCR)
English Lit and Lang (Edexcel)
Economics (OCR)
So 12 in all, and aiming for straight 9s :smile:
I play a few instruments, read and play netball in my spare time. My fav reason technique is past papers!

I didn't know French was tiered these days. Is that since it changed from the letter system to the 9-1 system?
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I didn't know French was tiered these days. Is that since it changed from the letter system to the 9-1 system?

Yeah, you can take foundation french, which you can only get up to a 5 in (low C) or higher which you can get a 9 (A**). I’m taking higher! :smile:
Hii my year 11sss 🤗 so I’m doing AQA Maths, English Lit and Lang, Triple Science, Religious Studies, French and EDEXCEL Geography and Art. I like talking to people in my spare time. Communication with others and seeing people helps me keep calm, it makes me realise I am not alone. But, when I am alone I like watching YouTube videos, stuff to do with makeup and challenges. I’m aiming for 7s and 8s at the end of the year, but a 9 in maths. After this year I’d like to study Maths, Economics, Psychology and Chemistry (I’m thinking about Geography but not sure yet I’ll see once I do my next set of mocks). My top revision technique: PAST PAPERSSSSSS!!!!!! - also art is just 🔫ing me right now…. so time consuming 😔 just aiming for a 6 in that one
Original post by lowkey_s26
Hii my year 11sss 🤗 so I’m doing AQA Maths, English Lit and Lang, Triple Science, Religious Studies, French and EDEXCEL Geography and Art. I like talking to people in my spare time. Communication with others and seeing people helps me keep calm, it makes me realise I am not alone. But, when I am alone I like watching YouTube videos, stuff to do with makeup and challenges. I’m aiming for 7s and 8s at the end of the year, but a 9 in maths. After this year I’d like to study Maths, Economics, Psychology and Chemistry (I’m thinking about Geography but not sure yet I’ll see once I do my next set of mocks). My top revision technique: PAST PAPERSSSSSS!!!!!! - also art is just 🔫ing me right now…. so time consuming 😔 just aiming for a 6 in that one

Omg dw I'm failing art I'm not even on track for a 4 so you go get that 6 you go get thattt
Original post by thrivingfrog
Omg dw I'm failing art I'm not even on track for a 4 so you go get that 6 you go get thattt

LOOOL I got a 5+ for my Art mock exam 🤣🤣🤣 it’s longgg
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

It's been tiered a while, certainly since the 2009 spec was in place!
Original post by lowkey_s26
LOOOL I got a 5+ for my Art mock exam 🤣🤣🤣 it’s longgg

I got a 4 by literally 1 mark pahahag fml good job I don't wanna be an artist :laugh:
Original post by ecoleaf
Yeah, you can take foundation french, which you can only get up to a 5 in (low C) or higher which you can get a 9 (A**). I’m taking higher! :smile:

Original post by Lemur14
It's been tiered a while, certainly since the 2009 spec was in place!

Ah okay.
I'm thinking back to 2000 so I'm out of touch :colondollar:
I got a 4 by literally 1 mark pahahag fml good job I don't wanna be an artist :laugh:

It’s not letting me like your reply :frown:

Oh wait it worked I think lool
Reply 39
heyyy everyone!

my subjects are:
english lang aqa
english lit aqa
maths edexcel
biology ocr
chemistry ocr
physics ocr
history edecxel
geography aqa
french aqa
rs ocr

im pretty ambitious and hope to get mostly 9s but maths is defo my weak point as well as history, i just dont get on with either subject hahaha. my fave subjects are defo chemistry and geography, theyre just really straightforward for me i love them!!

i like to draw, watch anime, and read when i can, ive been pretty laid back this summer in terms of revising though so i'm hoping to get back into it this week!
this year i'd like to focus on revision techniques as well as exam techniques, i'm not a fan of spider diagrams and like to revise using flashcards/active recall and reading my notes aloud :smile:
i hope to do bio chem psychology at a level in order to study medicine at uni, but bio honestly isnt really intriguing me much atm (i think its mainly due to my rubbishy teacher haha) so if not medicine then geopolitics really interests me!!

so thats me, good luck to everyone this year!! we can do this :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest