The Student Room Group

Immerse Education essay competition 2022

Heyy, has anyone entered the Immerse Education essay competition for 2022?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah, I submitted my philosophy essay yesterday! Which subject did you choose?
Reply 2
Original post by Down_worlder
Yeah, I submitted my philosophy essay yesterday! Which subject did you choose?

I chose medicine ahah! How did you find the referencing guideline they provided us with?
Reply 3
The referencing was so painful,😫 and the guide was quite vague; I didn’t know how to reference dictionary definitions or videos or anything.

Also I’m kinda getting cold feet about entering, I just read some threads on tsr saying it’s something of a scam - they give everyone 10-30% scholarships, but the rest of the price is still ridiculously expensive 😬👀
Reply 4
Original post by taroparo
I chose medicine ahah! How did you find the referencing guideline they provided us with?

Hi!! I’m doing medicine too (16-18) I’m submitting it tomorrow (ik it’s late I only heard about it a week ago). Good luck ! And if you want, we can exchange essays just cause I wanna see what points others have made.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
The referencing was so painful,😫 and the guide was quite vague; I didn’t know how to reference dictionary definitions or videos or anything.

Also I’m kinda getting cold feet about entering, I just read some threads on tsr saying it’s something of a scam - they give everyone 10-30% scholarships, but the rest of the price is still ridiculously expensive 😬👀

In regards to the referencing, I agree! I read through their past essay examples, and it seemed participants were using different styles ahah. Not too sure what that's about!

Hahaha, I was thinking along the same lines. I mean with the pandemic, I'm sure that not too many would be willing to travel and so they must be offering scholarships to many applicants. It's ludicrously expensive without them ahah!

Sorry, I forgot to ask, did you enter the 16-18 category?
Reply 6
Original post by rayamer
Hi!! I’m doing medicine too (16-18) I’m submitting it tomorrow (ik it’s late I only heard about it a week ago). Good luck ! And if you want, we can exchange essays just cause I wanna see what points others have made.

Wishing you the best of luck!!
(I'm also in the 16-18 category lol!)
That would be quite helpful! Let's wait until the deadline is up tho ahah
Also, I'm rather new to the student room, so excuse my novice questions ahah, but how we would exchange essays?
Reply 7
Wishing you the best of luck!!
(I'm also in the 16-18 category lol!)
That would be quite helpful! Let's wait until the deadline is up tho ahah
Also, I'm rather new to the student room, so excuse my novice questions ahah, but how we would exchange essays?

Thank you, you too! I mean we could send them via email or something, whatever you’d prefer
Reply 8
In regards to the referencing, I agree! I read through their past essay examples, and it seemed participants were using different styles ahah. Not too sure what that's about!

Hahaha, I was thinking along the same lines. I mean with the pandemic, I'm sure that not too many would be willing to travel and so they must be offering scholarships to many applicants. It's ludicrously expensive without them ahah!

Sorry, I forgot to ask, did you enter the 16-18 category?

I did enter the 16-18 category - and yeah, unless I get a 100% scholarship, I am definitely not going lmao, can’t afford that.
Reply 9
Original post by rayamer
Thank you, you too! I mean we could send them via email or something, whatever you’d prefer

That sounds great! Looking forward to reading your essay😄
Reply 10
I did enter the 16-18 category - and yeah, unless I get a 100% scholarship, I am definitely not going lmao, can’t afford that.

Yeah, I mean like you said, it seems the majority of applicants are receiving a 20-30% scholarship, so it doesn't seem worth it at that point ahah. I also live abroad, so coupled with travelling costs, it would be a nightmare!
Reply 11
That sounds great! Looking forward to reading your essay

not sure why but it doesnt look like i can send u my email? do u mind sending yours instead
Reply 12
Just entered for English Literature!
Reply 13
Original post by Mulefa
Just entered for English Literature!

Good luck!! What age category did you enter?
Reply 14
Did anyone receive their scholarship offer?
I have...... I got the email about my result too. Wbu? Have you entered too?
Original post by Gluttonmutton
Did anyone receive their scholarship offer?

I did..... It's a 10% scholarship
Wbu?
Reply 18
Original post by _Tan_0906
I did..... It's a 10% scholarship
Wbu?

Me too… What field did you do it for?
Medicine..... what about you? @rayamer

Quick Reply

Latest