The Student Room Group

Ladies: What are your standards for a man?

standards, dealbreakers

mine is unrealistic so I want to hear yours

Be very descriptive
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
romantic Relationship standards

include things like age preference, etc
(edited 2 years ago)
@londonmyst I think this is for you.
Reply 3
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
@londonmyst I think this is for you.

this is for everyone :smile:
Ability to talk fluently in French
Positivity
Patience
Level headed mindset
Higher order thinking powers
Dry sense of humour
Drawing skills
Teamwork
Good communication ability
Reply 5
Original post by tinygirl96
Positivity
Patience
Level headed mindset
Dry sense of humour
Drawing skills
Teamwork

Age preferences?
Original post by 12115
Age preferences?

not fussed about that
Original post by 12115
standards, dealbreakers

Be very descriptive

Personally I don’t require much from a man I just need him to be genuine love me genuinely and we can build the rest later
Original post by tinygirl96
Positivity
Patience
Level headed mindset
Dry sense of humour
Drawing skills
Teamwork

Are those in order of importance? Are you a native French speaker, or do you just want that because FrEnCh Is tHe LaNgUaGe Of LoOoOvE?

To be honest I'm basically your guy except for the French and the drawing.
(edited 2 years ago)
Are those in order of importance? Are you a native French speaker, or do you just want that because FrEnCh Is tHe LaNgUaGe Of LoOoOvE?

native French speaker
Original post by 12115
standards, dealbreakers

Be very descriptive

Ooh okay my kind of question and I’m all about details!

I want a man who is older than me anywhere between 3-6 years.

Same culture/background as me because I’m family oriented and when I eventually have children I would like them to know the traditions and language etc.

Must be educated and be an intelligent individual. it would be great to have articulate conversations, as well as being able to learn something new from him.

I will eventually become a lawyer so I would like his profession to be science based (doctor) or maths related (accountant).

I’m into bald men but also men on the other side of the spectrum who have luscious hair whether it’s short or in a man bun.

Height - 6 ft or anything over

Someone who wants 4 kids

I like a man who has a cold exterior but when you get through the shell of armour they are soft and gentle. I like an assertive/dominant man who can also balance it whilst being kind, gentle and respectful.

Someone who isn’t babied by their mother and can actually cook, clean, iron clothes on their own.

I want a leader (alpha) who can also work collectively with people and be a listener, hardworking , humble.

Someone adventurous who wants a thrill go skydiving with me and travel the world with me.

To have a good sense of humour I love sarcastic banter and I’m into black humour.

I could probably talk about this for days but for now I think it’s enough lol
A single heterosexual guy at least 15 years older than me, minimum height of 5'4 and who is compatible with all my dealbreakers, wants one biological child and is committed to being a co-parent for 18 years.
Ambitious, always keeps promises, bibliophile, calm, clean shaven, dog friendly, employed/history of regularly working, fully assimiliated into mainstream english culture, honest, healthy, independent, intelligent, secular, smartly dressed, strong work ethic, takes personal responsibility for his lifestyle/choices/mistakes instead of blaming others, opposes illegal immigration and has no moral qualms with stk-syg or mandatory full life tariffs for specific crimes & serial offenders.

Not a guy who is:
A boxer, sjw, gamer, anarchist, anti-British, fan of extended families/grandparents right to contact, habitually loud, militant, overweight, very muscular, obsessed with israel/zionism/jews, on daily medication, enabler of cults/criminals/people traffickers/religious hardliners, into plushophilia, political revolutionary, selfie obsessed, supporter of abstinence until marriage or abortion protests, teetotal, terrorist appeaser/ally/mouthpiece.
Nor a fan of eating: brussels sprouts, escargot, fugu, game, green tomato ketchup, pineapple pizza or any seafood & meat meals that are bloody/raw/medium rare/undercooked.
(edited 2 years ago)

Tu peux apprendre le francais si tu l'aimes vraiment :wink:
Original post by londonmyst
A single heterosexual guy at least 15 years older than me, minimum height of 5'4 and who is compatible with all my dealbreakers, wants one biological child and is committed to being a co-parent for 18 years.
Ambitious, always keeps promises, bibliophile, calm, clean shaven, dog friendly, employed/history of regularly working, fully assimiliated into mainstream english culture, honest, healthy, independent, intelligent, secular, smartly dressed, strong work ethic, takes personal responsibility for his lifestyle/choices/mistakes instead of blaming others, opposes illegal immigration and has no moral qualms with stk-syg or mandatory full life tariffs for specific crimes & serial offenders.

Not a guy who is:
A boxer, sjw, gamer, anarchist, anti-British, fan of extended families/grandparents right to contact, habitually loud, militant, overweight, very muscular, obsessed with israel/zionism/jews, on daily medication, enabler of cults/criminals/people traffickers/religious hardliners, into plushophilia, political revolutionary, selfie obsessed, supporter of abstinence until marriage or abortion protests, teetotal, terrorist appeaser/ally/mouthpiece.
Nor a fan of eating: brussels sprouts, escargot, fugu, game, green tomato ketchup, pineapple pizza or any seafood & meat meals that are bloody/raw/medium rare/undercooked.

I love details and I think you may have just topped me on that front ! Hopefully you find this man soon :smile:
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Tu peux apprendre le francais si tu l'aimes vraiment :wink:

There's always Duolingo I suppose :tongue:

Works for me :cool:
Original post by Anonymous
Ooh okay my kind of question and I’m all about details!

I want a man who is older than me anywhere between 3-6 years.

Same culture/background as me because I’m family oriented and when I eventually have children I would like them to know the traditions and language etc.

Must be educated and be an intelligent individual. it would be great to have articulate conversations, as well as being able to learn something new from him.

I will eventually become a lawyer so I would like his profession to be science based (doctor) or maths related (accountant).

I’m into bald men but also men on the other side of the spectrum who have luscious hair whether it’s short or in a man bun.

Height - 6 ft or anything over

Someone who wants 4 kids

I like a man who has a cold exterior but when you get through the shell of armour they are soft and gentle. I like an assertive/dominant man who can also balance it whilst being kind, gentle and respectful.

Someone who isn’t babied by their mother and can actually cook, clean, iron clothes on their own.

I want a leader (alpha) who can also work collectively with people and be a listener, hardworking , humble.

Someone adventurous who wants a thrill go skydiving with me and travel the world with me.

To have a good sense of humour I love sarcastic banter and I’m into black humour.

I could probably talk about this for days but for now I think it’s enough lol

Everything is fine as these are your preferences.

But can I ask how tall are you as you want someone 6ft or over. It turns out that there are many girls usually below 5'4 who want to date Mr Bigfoot...
Original post by Lucifer323
Everything is fine as these are your preferences.

But can I ask how tall are you as you want someone 6ft or over. It turns out that there are many girls usually below 5'4 who want to date Mr Bigfoot...

Yes height has just always been that ‘thing’ for me. I am 5,6

Currently learning French on Duolingo while supplementing it with listening to / watching things in French, while also practicing speaking a lot. So far it's going really well. Duolingo can only get people so far though, but it's improved a lot since it's old days.
Original post by Anonymous
Currently learning French on Duolingo while supplementing it with listening to / watching things in French, while also practicing speaking a lot. So far it's going really well. Duolingo can only get people so far though, but it's improved a lot since it's old days.

Oh nice! Crack on :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending