The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Official Cardiff University Applicant thread 2022

Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Cardiff University for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here

Scroll to see replies

How strict is cardiff with age requirements. They state I have to be 18 by ~20 September, but I won't turn 18 until the 20th of november
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Cardiff University for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here

Hi, I'm Katy!
I'm applying for Optometry, and am currently studying Biology, Chemistry, History and the EPQ.
The only thing I'm slightly worried about with applying for Optometry is not doing Maths/Physics A-level so I wish I took one of them instead of History now :s-smilie:.
Original post by anastasiaxet
How strict is cardiff with age requirements. They state I have to be 18 by ~20 September, but I won't turn 18 until the 20th of november

Hey! I'd get in contact with Cardiff directly - if they say you need to be 18 by a certain date there is usually a reason for that and they may have to be strict. Give them a call just to be sure: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/help/contact-us

Original post by mannkaty0
Hi, I'm Katy!
I'm applying for Optometry, and am currently studying Biology, Chemistry, History and the EPQ.
The only thing I'm slightly worried about with applying for Optometry is not doing Maths/Physics A-level so I wish I took one of them instead of History now :s-smilie:.

Hey Katy!

Good luck with your application :biggrin: It says on their website that you only need two out of the four science subjects, so with Bio and Chem you should be ok! Their entry requirements are here if you need them: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2022/optometry-bsc
Hi everyone! :hi:

I’m a current student at Cardiff University studying Chemistry. If you have any questions about the UCAS process, applying to Cardiff specifically or applying for Chemistry, feel free to tag me, and I will respond as soon as I can. :yy:

Good luck with your applications! :hugs:

Shyleen
(edited 2 years ago)
second year psychology student at cardiff, please feel free to ask me any questions and i'll try my best to answer them :smile:
Hi all! I'm applying a year behind as I took an extra year due to a close family bereavement so am quite nervous about applying! :frown:

Applying for G101 MSci Mathematics (MMath)

Current subjects: Mathematics (achieved A* last year), Further Maths, Economics, Financial Studies (also A* last year) and the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Skills Challenge.

Cardiff has always been my dream university so fingers crossed!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by absolutelysprout
second year psychology student at cardiff, please feel free to ask me any questions and i'll try my best to answer them :smile:

hi, I'm considering applying to the psychology course and was wondering how you feel about it? is it good? how are the classes? any regrets?
Original post by carolbessil
hi, I'm considering applying to the psychology course and was wondering how you feel about it? is it good? how are the classes? any regrets?

i enjoyed first year and don't regret choosing cardiff- i had a few in person seminars which i found overall good but not always consistent as it depended on who was teaching the seminar group. essay feedback was given promptly and i found the workload manageable for first year. they're a tad slow w communicating and giving us things like timetables and exam marks/results though. found all my modules interesting and most of the lecturers were really good as well.
Reply 9
HI, I am applying for music in Cardiff. If i get accepted it will be my first choice as I train in Cardiff.
(edited 2 years ago)
I have just submitted my application for Physiotherapy as a mature student! Very nervous!
Original post by alicej26
I have just submitted my application for Physiotherapy as a mature student! Very nervous!

And me!
I'm a student looking to do law at CU. Anyone else with me here?
Hi I'm Aathira 😊
I'm applying for optometry with a preliminary year because I do 2 btecs(health and social care and applied science) and an A-level (sociology). I understand these aren't typical subjects for optometry.and so that's why I'm applying for the preliminary year.
Hi im Oscar :smile: Im applying for law and im currently doing History, English Language, Philosophy & Ethics and Creative media. My favourite thing about cardiff uni is the languages for all and welsh for all options, has anyone started/completed/seen how these run? Id love some opinions on it
Reply 15
Hi I'm Emma :smile:
I'm applying for neuroscience I'm currently doing Biology Chemistry and Physics A-level.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by luke.j92
I'm a student looking to do law at CU. Anyone else with me here?

Hi! I've applied to do Law as well
Original post by alesiaa.xox
Hi! I've applied to do Law as well

check pms :smile:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Hi everyone! :hi:

I've accepted my place to study at Cardiff University this September to study Chemistry. If you have any questions about the UCAS process, applying to Cardiff specifically or applying for Chemistry, feel free to tag me, and I will respond as soon as I can. :yy:

Good luck with your applications! :hugs:

Shyleen

Hi! Have you got any tips for writing a personal statement?? I would also like to do chemistry in Cardiff!
(edited 2 years ago)
Heya!
I'm looking to go to Cardiff University in September 2022 to study music! I just wanted to pop onto the thread to say hi because it never hurts to talk to other people who are in the same boat to apply.

I live in one of the London boroughs so it's definitely a far journey but if I can get in then I'd love to go.
I currently study Music, History and Film Studies at A-Level!

It'll be nice to speak to people :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending