The Student Room Group

sex before marriage

is it bad that i had sex with my boyfriend before marriage, although he has promised to be with me no matter what and we are both in our early 20s

Scroll to see replies

Are you Muslim
Nothing wrong with it if it's consentual.
If you're religious, repent sincerely and all will be fine, as long as you wait.
Reply 4
Original post by Cookielover6
Are you Muslim

i am Christian
Reply 5
Original post by hungrysalamander
Nothing wrong with it if it's consentual.

alright thank you so much
Reply 6
Original post by myhairispeng
If you're religious, repent sincerely and all will be fine, as long as you wait.

i will do that <3 ...i am religious but sometimes I slack and its hurts when I do but I'm trying to get better....and I don't have to break up with my boyfriend,do I? cause we both really love each other
Original post by Anonymous
i am Christian

You must be living in 1700s then. The Church of England agreed that Sex out of marriage is normal and good.
Reply 8
You must be living in 1700s then. The Church of England agreed that Sex out of marriage is normal and good.

thats interestingg but the Bible doesnt agree with that though
i will do that <3 ...i am religious but sometimes I slack and its hurts when I do but I'm trying to get better....and I don't have to break up with my boyfriend,do I? cause we both really love each other

No, you can stay together, nothing wrong with that at all.
I don't have to break up with my boyfriend,do I? cause we both really love each other

Wouldn't that be fairly pointless, illogical, and hurtful? Anyway, you needed to try before you buy.

Which do you think is more important, what some interpretations of an old book say, or your love? If your religion is against the physical expression of that, unless you follow its prescriptive rules, which should prevail?

Here's the thing. You're religious and looking for religious and morality support on a secular, morally neutral website. They'll tell you to do whatever you want.

Go talk to your pastor. Or priest. Or bishop. Or whoever it is that councils people on these matters you're talking about. Do you have a regular church you go to?
Reply 12
if your intending in getting married at some point in the future i don't think in your situation as a Christian it would be a problem i imagine
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Here's the thing. You're religious and looking for religious and morality support on a secular, morally neutral website. They'll tell you to do whatever you want.

Go talk to your pastor. Or priest. Or bishop. Or whoever it is that councils people on these matters you're talking about. Do you have a regular church you go to?

youre right lol but the thing is I don't go to church anymore due to some reasons,however I'm trying to find a new church at the moment
youre right lol but the thing is I don't go to church anymore due to some reasons,however I'm trying to find a new church at the moment

Come to mine!

But we will tell you not to have premarital sex. Mostly because that's biblical.

Ultimately, you have to ask yourself if you believe. If you do, then try to do what's right. The only thing you shouldn't do is pick and choose based on what you want to be true. You have to figure out if you think it -is- true.

A God who changes to become whatever you want Him to be is very small. He demands nothing, provides nothing and is nothing.
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:
I am the only female in my family that does not favour sexual abstinence until marriage.
I believe that consensual sex before marriage is fine- as long as everyone is over the minimum legal age of consent and there is nothing illegal going on.
Sexual compatibility and shared relationship ambitions is very important to me.
My mother was raised within a brutal ultra-traditionalist catholic household, she and maternal grandmother both support waiting until marriage.
Although my mother does accept interfaith marriage

Some people prefer to wait until marriage, others want a sexual relationship that does not involve marriage.
Everyone old deemed legally deemed able to consent to sex has the right to choose if they want to have sex, who with and when is the right time for them/their relationship.
thats interestingg but the Bible doesnt agree with that though

Do you wear outfits that mix different cloth types? For example wearing wool and linen at the same time?

Do you ever sit where a menstruating woman has sat?

Have you ever eaten animal fat? Or shellfish? Or pork?

Do you think it's OK to keep slaves?

If you had a stubborn and rebellious son, would you take him to the city gates to be stoned to death?

When you get sick, do you get the elders of your church to pray for you, or do you go to a doctor?

It's entirely up to each and every person how much or how little of the Bible or any other religious manuscript they follow.
Nobody follows everything in the Bible.

There is a school of thought that the religious tradition of making people feel guilty for sex outside of marriage is just a tool that religious leaders have used in order to gain unearned power and to control people that aren't in their leadership clique.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Do you wear outfits that mix different cloth types? For example wearing wool and linen at the same time?

Do you ever sit where a menstruating woman has sat?

Have you ever eaten animal fat? Or shellfish? Or pork?

Do you think it's OK to keep slaves?

If you had a stubborn and rebellious son, would you take him to the city gates to be stoned to death?

When you get sick, do you get the elders of your church to pray for you, or do you go to a doctor?

It's entirely up to each and every person how much or how little of the Bible or any other religious manuscript they follow.
Nobody follows everything in the Bible.

There is a school of thought that the religious tradition of making people feel guilty for sex outside of marriage is just a tool that religious leaders have used in order to gain unearned power and to control people that aren't in their leadership clique.

PRSOM
If you are Christian then you should date with a purpose. If you guys are committed to each other for real then I guess you can’t change the past but what does that mean going forward? Keep on having sex? You have already given him sex so that’s what he might keep on expecting(no condemnation tho)
is it bad that i had sex with my boyfriend before marriage, although he has promised to be with me no matter what and we are both in our early 20s

If you ask me, it is not bad. Honestly I have never seen a sense in sex after marriage. Can't get this religious thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending