The Student Room Group

Back to school: How are you feeling about the year ahead?

Poll

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

Just like that and after one week of good weather, summer is over and it's time to go back to school. After the last few years, it's hard to tell exactly what the next year will have in store for us.

With students everywhere going back into the classroom and getting back to work, we want to know how you are feeling about the academic year ahead?

What are the things you are looking forward to, and what are the thing you are worrying about? Let us know what your biggest concerns are and how TSR can support you over the next year and we can do our best to support you no matter what.

EH

Scroll to see replies

Terrified :smile:
Not terribly pleased that I'll have to go back, but there isn't an alternative course of action which could be taken so I'll just do what I can there and whinge on TSR if I have the time.
Original post by Thestudent107SWC
Terrified :smile:

Why are you terrified? Is there anything we can do to help? :smile:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Why are you terrified? Is there anything we can do to help? :smile:

Well I begin y13 today and my grades aren’t where I want them to be at all. On top of that I’m worried about uni and stuff
Well I begin y13 today and my grades aren’t where I want them to be at all. On top of that I’m worried about uni and stuff

Firstly, good luck for Year 13! It's been a hard year, so don't worry if you didn't perform as well as you did. Forget about what happened and focus on the future. Here are some tips:

Improve your grades:
Look at all the tests you have completed in school and make a list of the topics you struggled with. Use your textbook/revision guide to master these topics and follow it up with topic-specific questions that you can find on Physics and Maths Tutor. If you still don't understand, ask your teacher or friends. You can always post your questions on TSR, and someone will help you.

Where are you with your university application? Do you need any help with that?
Im actually really looking forward to it, last year was a write off at uni. Was my first year and was in constant shut downs, last in person teaching was December so i need to get out of the house! This year is looking positive, site visits taking place, events, in person teaching.

However im very apprehensive as i think we will be in a restricted setting again if cases go up too far.

Hope everyone has a good year!
(edited 2 years ago)
im shaking like a leaf, stress and nerves!
:afraid:
Original post by LeafMeAlonee
im shaking like a leaf, stress and nerves!
:afraid:

:console:

Is there anything we can help with? :smile:
I guess the transition from GCSE to A-levels is terrifying.
Original post by 5hyl33n
Firstly, good luck for Year 13! It's been a hard year, so don't worry if you didn't perform as well as you did. Forget about what happened and focus on the future. Here are some tips:

Improve your grades:
Look at all the tests you have completed in school and make a list of the topics you struggled with. Use your textbook/revision guide to master these topics and follow it up with topic-specific questions that you can find on Physics and Maths Tutor. If you still don't understand, ask your teacher or friends. You can always post your questions on TSR, and someone will help you.

Where are you with your university application? Do you need any help with that?

Thanksss. Currently trying to work on my personal statement. I promised myself I would work throughout the summer but barely reached my target s. I am really scared as I didnt do great at GCSE due to not knowing how important these grades were and I promised myself I wouldn’t make the same mistake at Sixthform but it seems to be happening again. Rn I’m supposed to be working on my geography and English neas, geography has made some progress but I haven’t begun English and I’m completely lost on how to begin and feel as if I haven’t learnt enough to begin sorry if this was confusing I’m currently in skwl
Thanksss. Currently trying to work on my personal statement. I promised myself I would work throughout the summer but barely reached my target s. I am really scared as I didnt do great at GCSE due to not knowing how important these grades were and I promised myself I wouldn’t make the same mistake at Sixthform but it seems to be happening again. Rn I’m supposed to be working on my geography and English neas, geography has made some progress but I haven’t begun English and I’m completely lost on how to begin and feel as if I haven’t learnt enough to begin sorry if this was confusing I’m currently in skwl

I think you need to speak to your teacher's about your NEA. Unfortunately, I didn't do A-Level English/Geography, so I can't give much advice.
Original post by 5hyl33n
I think you need to speak to your teacher's about your NEA. Unfortunately, I didn't do A-Level English/Geography, so I can't give much advice.

Yeh I guess. Thanks though
Original post by 5hyl33n
:console:

Is there anything we can help with? :smile:

Thank you for asking x
I think its just going out and about once again, i'll be going to uni in a few weeks, nothing much lol, i'll get used to it in a while!
i’ve already started and i’m incredibly terrified. i’m waiting for the other shoe to drop haha... a part of me is excited but i feel as if me being optimistic will destroy any chances of a good year at least, that’s what’s been the case for the past two years :colondollar:
I hate SOWSHAL ANGSIETY.
I'm ******** bricks. Whoever created social anxiety can take my bricks to his head. All of them Nokia-branded.
Original post by nightingalegend
i’ve already started and i’m incredibly terrified. i’m waiting for the other shoe to drop haha... a part of me is excited but i feel as if me being optimistic will destroy any chances of a good year at least, that’s what’s been the case for the past two years :colondollar:

I'm sure this year will be great for you. :hugs:
Reply 18
Excited and glad! :h: I started this week, and its surprisingly been a lot better than any previous year. Was worried that Id be behind in some classes but it turns out everyone else is in the same position and the teachers have been accommodating.
I'm surprisingly excited. I probably won't be so enthuastic when we actually start though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending