The Student Room Group

Can I get into medicine ?? With these gcse grades?

My results are

IT: 7
Design tech:7
English Lang:6
English lit:6
Maths:6
Science: 6-6
History:5
Reply 1
Original post by Ahmer khan
My results are

IT: 7
Design tech:7
English Lang:6
English lit:6
Maths:6
Science: 6-6
History:5

I'm not too familiar with the foundation year at Leeds but for the A100 your GCSEs are scored with 3 points for an A* (9s/8s), 2 Points for an A (7) and 1 Point for a B (6). Your best bet would be to either ask Leeds University or create a FOI request to see what scores you need for the foundation year to be called for an interview.
Reply 2
Got my results and I was so sad… I could have done much better.. I got 666665 ,got a 6 in English language and maths like must med schools want though. I also got two level 2 distinctions which are equal to grade 7s idk if they’ll count. Anyways . Have I got any chance ????
Reply 3
Got my results and I was so sad… I could have done much better.. I got 666665 ,got a 6 in English language and maths like must med schools want though. I also got two level 2 distinctions which are equal to grade 7s idk if they’ll count. Anyways . Have I got any chance ????

Firstly well done on your GCSE grades, yes you will be fine to apply to most med schools as long as you avoid GCSE heavy med schools like Leeds, Oxford and Cardiff.

Once you get your A Level predictions/results and a UCAT/BMAT score please post on the "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Thread and we will be able to best advise on where to apply.
Reply 4
My gcse are not the highest I got

6 in maths and English language and two 6s in science btw.

Should I stick to foundation year as I can get in with lower grades… or will it still be too competitive. (Ps. I can apply to foundation year as both my parents don’t have a degree)
Reply 5
My gcse are not the highest I got

6 in maths and English language and two 6s in science btw.

Should I stick to foundation year as I can get in with lower grades… or will it still be too competitive. (Ps. I can apply to foundation year as both my parents don’t have a degree)

You will have to check each university that you want to apply to and will need to meet more than just one point of their entry criteria because, as I'm sure you know, foundation years aren't open to everyone and you will need to meet a specific criteria for each uni to be considered.
Reply 6
Original post by SyedN
You will have to check each university that you want to apply to and will need to meet more than just one point of their entry criteria because, as I'm sure you know, foundation years aren't open to everyone and you will need to meet a specific criteria for each uni to be considered.

Yes I meet the requirements
Reply 7
In year 12 atm, doing very well, but my gcse are 666665 I got a 6 in English Lang and maths as most med schools want. Do I have a chance to get into medicine if I hopefully get 3 A’s ?
Reply 8
I’m in year 12 ATM, I am taking biology,chemistry and psychology. Right now I am getting pretty good grades. I really want to apply to medicine, however my Gcse are not the best (666665). I did however get a 6 in English language and maths at GCSE.

Could I get some advice on where to apply? Also what work experience should I do? Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending