The Student Room Group

The Current Year 12 Chat Thread (2021-2022)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone not done any bridging work?
I start school on Friday, I'm super nervous :eek3:
Hey, I'm relatively new-ish on this website and I'm not too aware of where to start the relevant discussion in which forum exactly so apologies for that.
I choose Bio, Math, Chem, and EVM (environmental subject). I was thinking of dropping EVM since it's workload+research tasks and all would get in the way of my primary subjects although it seems like an easy course to get along since it's a mixture of the basic contents in bio, chem and geo
But with all this researching + huge case studies (which I'm not too fond of) and huge content would take a lot of my time. I wanted to know if anyone out there who has done this course can (including done 4 complete AS subjects) tell me if the course was easy including exams and managing all that?

Since I'm doing the newest syllabus, coursework is removed but will be implemented widely along the course. It is also a 1-year course. So should I take my chance in doing 4AS rather than 3AS? Do you think it's worth it? Does this put me an advantage when applying for Unis or doing 3AS and 3A levels (later on) will still be good enough? I'm not too sure what career I'm heading for but definitely towards the science field. If anyone can give a proper response I'll be glad since our time for dropping/changing subjects is running out and it might be too late.

(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by unknownm123
Anyone not done any bridging work?

Lol same, I've got so much to do for Tuesday :eek:
Reply 64
Original post by warwanhwarh22
Introduce yourself!
i am warwanhwarh22
What subjects are you taking this year? (be sure to include exam board)
bio, chem, maths aqa
What made you interested in studying these subjects?
money
What do you want to do as a career In the future? What are your dreams, your aspirations, your goals?
doctor
How are you feeling about starting Year 12?
confident
Any plans after Sixth Form? Have your eyes set on a particular company or university?
oxbridge
and now, anything about you! (fun facts, hobbies, or anything else you want to share!)

i got all grade 9s/distinction *, got a very bright future and im probably the smartest and humblest person on this website
-thanks

deffo the humblest :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm Samantha
I am doing aqa psychology, aqa sociology, ocr biology A
I really enjoy biology and am taking 2 social sciences because I find them really interesting and I have been doing a lot of reading and find that I enjoy them a lot and I come from a very social science-based family apart from my brother who has just finished his masters in engineering.

My future career has always been to be a lawyer, I've had friends and teachers constantly say what a good lawyer I would be, I know this doesn't mean I'd be good but I think that drove my ambition(also my slight obsession with law shows solidified it)
I hope to achieve A*'s and A after I complete my final exams

I have mixed feelings although it feels like no time has passed due to us being in lockdown for so long i feel like these 6 weeks has been a real wake-up call and I feel like I need another week or 2 to fully relax. But I am excited to start the year with the subjects i enjoy and not have to do 8 other subjects.
After sixth form, my goal is to go to university because I have to and because I need to, everyone in my family has been to university and I need to keep that going :h:
I have thought of going to a top university also kcl because I liked their abroad law course.I would just love to work in london and id love to go to univercity in a place that has a great city and has lots to do
I'm absolutely obsessed with marvel,mcu, anime, and fast and furious and suits, HTGAWM.
Is anyone here doing a level physics

Heyyy , I am.
Reply 68

I'm taking physics
Original post by Flobro
I'm taking physics

What did you get at gcse
Reply 70
What did you get at gcse

I got a 9

ye
Anyone doing a Digital Media BTEC at Level3?
im probably the smartest and humblest person on this website

sureee XD

Yeah
Hiii everybody is anybody doing criminology,rs and sociology :0
(edited 2 years ago)
Introduce yourself!
i am warwanhwarh22
What subjects are you taking this year? (be sure to include exam board)
bio, chem, maths aqa
What made you interested in studying these subjects?
money
What do you want to do as a career In the future? What are your dreams, your aspirations, your goals?
doctor
How are you feeling about starting Year 12?
confident
Any plans after Sixth Form? Have your eyes set on a particular company or university?
oxbridge
and now, anything about you! (fun facts, hobbies, or anything else you want to share!)

i got all grade 9s/distinction *, got a very bright future and im probably the smartest and humblest person on this website
-thanks

Haha you're a big joke! Bet you were lucky to get 3s!
Is anyone one here doing gold dofe? I originally said I would but now I'm not too sure because I'm doing 4 a levels and I think the time I would spend doing dofe could be used to improve my personal statement. What do you think?
Thought I'd do a brief introduction.
Hi I'm Steamboat Willie and I'm doing BTEC Business Level 3 in College. I'm not sure specifically what I wanna do as a career but I would like to work in the field of business and I would like to go to University after College.
Original post by Esme9812
Is anyone one here doing gold dofe? I originally said I would but now I'm not too sure because I'm doing 4 a levels and I think the time I would spend doing dofe could be used to improve my personal statement. What do you think?

Lol I'm literally exactly in your position. I am going to I think, its a good thing to have on my CV and I enjoy it. If the work gets too much I'll stop doing it tho

Quick Reply

Latest