The Student Room Group

LNAT 2022 entry

just gave the lnat for 2022 entry. feeling pretty disheartened over the MCQ section. i was running out of time so i blazed through the final 9 or so mcqs. Essay went very well, but universities such as LSE focus on the mcq section which ive ruined. My practice tests were getting good results but the actual test proved much harder. Any advice on where to go from here?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by want2enditall
just gave the lnat for 2022 entry. feeling pretty disheartened over the MCQ section. i was running out of time so i blazed through the final 9 or so mcqs. Essay went very well, but universities such as LSE focus on the mcq section which ive ruined. My practice tests were getting good results but the actual test proved much harder. Any advice on where to go from here?

Which method did you use for your practice tests? Arbitio?

I’m honestly not so sure what you can do from now except work on your personal statement and get your A Level grades. There’s no point feeling disheartened over this because you cant control what happens with your LNAT marks from now. Perhaps unis may focus on your essay more and give you a spot based on that, and who knows your mcq marks may actually be pretty decent. Just dont lose hope now:smile:
Has anyone else done their LNAT yet? How was it compared to your practice tests and what practises did you guys do?
LNAT
Don't worry, I'm attending LSE this year and I absolutely bottled the LNAT. Got 21 which got me rejected from UCL, but LSE is really really focused on the personal statement. You can even check this year's undergrad application thread and a large portion of people were rejected for that same reason! You'll be fine don't worry

Could I just ask what you used to practice?
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to Law. I originally planned to do Medicine but now I am considering Law. I know nothing about the LNAT or when we're supposed to do it. Could someone let me know the basics of Law world? :colondollar:
Original post by medprincess
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to Law. I originally planned to do Medicine but now I am considering Law. I know nothing about the LNAT or when we're supposed to do it. Could someone let me know the basics of Law world? :colondollar:

Well I suggest you look it up (information on the LNAT) if you’re that interested because it’s all online. Time you sit the test depends on which unis you pick. Why did you swap from medicine to law? And what do you mean by the basics of the law world?
Original post by TheClaimsGuys
Well I suggest you look it up (information on the LNAT) if you’re that interested because it’s all online. Time you sit the test depends on which unis you pick. Why did you swap from medicine to law? And what do you mean by the basics of the law world?

Okay, I'll have a look.
I haven't actually swapped yet, just thinking about it. I did my UCAT recently and I'm scared it may be too low, so I was wondering if I could phone up universities and ask whether they would accept Law as my 5th choice or if I could send them out a seperate personal statement. I know this is unlikely, so I may just take a gap year and apply to Law instead if I fail to get into Medicine.
When I said 'law world' I meant any basic information I should know when it comes to applying to Law. What universities are good for it, what work experience (if needed) is preferred, etc. I will do my research!
Original post by medprincess
Okay, I'll have a look.
I haven't actually swapped yet, just thinking about it. I did my UCAT recently and I'm scared it may be too low, so I was wondering if I could phone up universities and ask whether they would accept Law as my 5th choice or if I could send them out a seperate personal statement. I know this is unlikely, so I may just take a gap year and apply to Law instead if I fail to get into Medicine.
When I said 'law world' I meant any basic information I should know when it comes to applying to Law. What universities are good for it, what work experience (if needed) is preferred, etc. I will do my research!

For your personal statement you definitely need to read academic law books (etc. Rule of Law, Letters to a Law student, What is law) and mention it throughout. You also need to read current affairs and do online courses, just trying to show why you are passionate in the law and what you have done towards it. Do practice LNAT questions through the official website (there’s 2 practice papers soft copy and 1 as an actual test) to get an idea of what it is actually like. there’s also an essay section and unis like UCL look at it specifically so you must be prepared for it. All the best:smile:
Original post by Sophxxxdd
For your personal statement you definitely need to read academic law books (etc. Rule of Law, Letters to a Law student, What is law) and mention it throughout. You also need to read current affairs and do online courses, just trying to show why you are passionate in the law and what you have done towards it. Do practice LNAT questions through the official website (there’s 2 practice papers soft copy and 1 as an actual test) to get an idea of what it is actually like. there’s also an essay section and unis like UCL look at it specifically so you must be prepared for it. All the best:smile:

There are people who get into unis like Oxbridge with no books in their personal statement. Don’t just read the books if you’re not interested in them. Find what areas of interest you’re interested in and then research it this can stem for legal books, documentaries, articles, etc. but don’t just read the books for the sake of reading the books. Everyone reads the books and they’re the same books every time so I guess they can also be quite repetitive. Everything else is fair enough though.
Reply 12
Do you guys know how long the LNAT customer service usually takes to respond to an email? I'm an international student who has a langauge-specific (Polish) character in their name which the system sees as invalid, so I can't register. I gave them a call and the lady on the line said to send them an email, but my previous attempt went unanswered and I need to resolve this quickly, since I need to sit the LNAT before the Oxbridge deadline
Original post by quasnee
Do you guys know how long the LNAT customer service usually takes to respond to an email? I'm an international student who has a langauge-specific (Polish) character in their name which the system sees as invalid, so I can't register. I gave them a call and the lady on the line said to send them an email, but my previous attempt went unanswered and I need to resolve this quickly, since I need to sit the LNAT before the Oxbridge deadline

Is there not an English equivalent spelling for your name under which you can register? Before doing this check with the uni and maybe UCAS if this would be acceptable.
Original post by Sophxxxdd

Omg thank you so much this information is incredibly helpful! I will have a look at past questions and maybe buy some law books. Good luck to you too!
Reply 15
Original post by Nobody2u
Is there not an English equivalent spelling for your name under which you can register? Before doing this check with the uni and maybe UCAS if this would be acceptable.

Well, I could spell it without the character, so that it would just be a regular "s", but then the name on my registration wouldn't be an exact match with my passport/ID, so they wouldn't let me take the exam
Took the lnat last year and got 23 which I was pretty bummed about, my top uni was Edinburgh which didn't require the LNAT and I got in but going to apply to Bristol this year which obviously does require it so I'm having to do it again. Last time I didn't use Arbito, can anyone that is currently using or has used the website in the past let me know if it is worth the money? Thanks :smile:

Hey, same I sat mine on the 7th of september and found the MCQ to be alright but the essay a nightmare. Which of the three essays did you choose? The topics were ridiculous..
Yh what I’m hearing about this essay is just very peak
Does reading news articles help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending