The Student Room Group

Failed module

I recently got my grades back and unfortunately l have not made the pass mark in one of my modules. I am in my second year as a mental health student. I have passed all my clinical proficiencies and l have done more than 1700 hours on placement. Will be allowed to continue on my studies? Can l resit this module in my final year? I am scared l might be asked to withdraw what do l do now?
Original post by Lubby10
I recently got my grades back and unfortunately l have not made the pass mark in one of my modules. I am in my second year as a mental health student. I have passed all my clinical proficiencies and l have done more than 1700 hours on placement. Will be allowed to continue on my studies? Can l resit this module in my final year? I am scared l might be asked to withdraw what do l do now?

@Emily_B

You won't be told to withdraw from the course unless you failed it again, see below on this matter ok.
I'm a NHS registered adult nurse.
What happens if you fail a module in nursing.........
In most cases, if you fail a module you'll be given one or two further attempts to pass. If you fail a clinical placement it may depend on the circumstances which led you to fail, as to whether you can have a second or third attempt.

What happens if you fail a module coursework............
Failed Module
If you fail an entire module you are usually required to re-sit the assessments, either by re-submitting the coursework or, in some cases, by resitting an exam.

What happens if I don't pass a module.............
Normally students are allowed one retake of failed modules. If they don't pass that time then it's likely they'll have to retake the module the following year. This comes at an extra financial cost and it means they won't be able to progress to the next year of their course

What happens if you fail a module resit...........
If you fail a core or elective module after retake this would normally mean that you will have to withdraw from the course. You may be charged a fee, published by your University. You have the same reassessment opportunities as at the first registration (see regulation 3.1)
Reply 2
Original post by Lubby10

I feel your pain - I failed a 3rd year module. I qualified the same time as the rest of my cohort.
You can't be asked to withdraw for a failed 1st attempt. I assume that this was 1st attempt - therefore you have to be given a chance to resit, even if the grade is capped at a 3rd. Speak to the module tutor ASAP re retaking it - email is always good as you have proof of communication.
Reply 3
It was my third attempt, my academic adviser has advise me to appeal the grades . He thinks the maker was very harsh with the grades l was awarded.
Reply 4
Original post by Lubby10
It was my third attempt, my academic adviser has advise me to appeal the grades . He thinks the maker was very harsh with the grades l was awarded.

Oh dear. If the appeal fails then withdrawal is inevitable - you'll be told you've been withdrawn rather than asked to withdraw. I wonder what sort of advice you've had to improve this for 2nd or 3rd attempt as it sounds like someone's not pointed you in the right direction.
Reply 5
My marker’s feedback was so unhelpful as English language is not my first language. I sincerely think there are things in place since we are still in an epidemic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending