The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

CAS letter

Hey, I've sent a request for my CAS letter over 3 weeks ago and all I've been getting from the uni is general emails that it takes time and to be patient. I'm an international student and have to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival so I need to leave really soon and I can't apply for my visa till I get my CAS. Is this usually how long it takes ?? How much longer would I have to wait to receive the letter ?
Reply 1
Original post by hannahgeorge8142
Hey, I've sent a request for my CAS letter over 3 weeks ago and all I've been getting from the uni is general emails that it takes time and to be patient. I'm an international student and have to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival so I need to leave really soon and I can't apply for my visa till I get my CAS. Is this usually how long it takes ?? How much longer would I have to wait to receive the letter ?

I have the same problem! The academic year is starting soon and I could not even apply for my visa yet.
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Original post by azradk
I have the same problem! The academic year is starting soon and I could not even apply for my visa yet.

hey, I just got my letter an hour ago!
good luck and I hope you get yours soon too!!
Reply 3
hey, I just got my letter an hour ago!
good luck and I hope you get yours soon too!!

I’m really happy for you and thank you I hope that too!! Could you please let me know about your visa process too. I am kinda stressed that even tho I get my letter that I won’t get my visa in like 2 weeks.
Omg. All uni's must be doing the same thing. It's been over a month now, and I'm yet to receive my CAS letter. Everytime I ask them for updates, they just say it takes time and that they've got a hundred other students asking for the same thing, so asking for the letter won't make any difference. Personally, I beg to differ. I feel like if you don't give a crap about ur business and remind them every now and then about it, they won't give a crap either. Most of the other students that will be starting the same course as me have gotten theirs, and seeing how there's no time left until uni starts, I don't think I'll be able to make it in time, what with all the visa process and 10 day quarantine. It's not even funny when I say that they reply to my emails weeks after I actually sent them, and by that time, I usually don't even need to hear their answer.
Original post by azradk
I’m really happy for you and thank you I hope that too!! Could you please let me know about your visa process too. I am kinda stressed that even tho I get my letter that I won’t get my visa in like 2 weeks.

Ok so I managed to only get an appointment for my visa yesterday and when I went there the guy told me that even with paying extra for priority service, I would only get it in about 3 weeks. I'm really hoping he was exaggerating the amount of processing time but he mentioned there were huge delays at the uk visas and immigration because of the large number of applicants at this time. So I've been kinda resigned to the fact that I'm gonna miss at least the first week or two of uni and we're rebooking everything (flights and stuff) because of that. I'll let you know when I get my visa so you can get an idea of how long it would take!
Reply 6
Ok so I managed to only get an appointment for my visa yesterday and when I went there the guy told me that even with paying extra for priority service, I would only get it in about 3 weeks. I'm really hoping he was exaggerating the amount of processing time but he mentioned there were huge delays at the uk visas and immigration because of the large number of applicants at this time. So I've been kinda resigned to the fact that I'm gonna miss at least the first week or two of uni and we're rebooking everything (flights and stuff) because of that. I'll let you know when I get my visa so you can get an idea of how long it would take!

oh my god 3 weeks is so much :frown: I didn’t even receive my cas letter yet. Thank you so much for updating me I appreciate it a lot!! I hope you get your visa early. It’s such an unfortunate situation :frown: <3
Reply 7
Hi! I am also an international student. I applied for my visa almost 4 weeks ago and it is still under consideration and I also need to quarantine. This is really frustrating :frown: There are talks that perhaps the traffic light system will be eliminated in October and quarantine will depend on whether you are vaccinated or not. I hope this is true
Original post by azradk
oh my god 3 weeks is so much :frown: I didn’t even receive my cas letter yet. Thank you so much for updating me I appreciate it a lot!! I hope you get your visa early. It’s such an unfortunate situation :frown: <3

hey! so unfortunately my visa got refused. I received the decision letter yesterday and i'm considering my options now. I'm most probably gonna reapply for it with a new CAS but that means going through this whole process all over again! I'll most likely have to do the first month or so online until I get my visa. Hope you've applied for your visa already and good luck!
Original post by majoseab
Hi! I am also an international student. I applied for my visa almost 4 weeks ago and it is still under consideration and I also need to quarantine. This is really frustrating :frown: There are talks that perhaps the traffic light system will be eliminated in October and quarantine will depend on whether you are vaccinated or not. I hope this is true

Yea I really hope they eliminate the traffic light system!! It would make the transition and traveling process so much easier. Just waiting on the next announcement.
hey! so unfortunately my visa got refused. I received the decision letter yesterday and i'm considering my options now. I'm most probably gonna reapply for it with a new CAS but that means going through this whole process all over again! I'll most likely have to do the first month or so online until I get my visa. Hope you've applied for your visa already and good luck!

Hi! May I ask what reason they gave you for refusing your visa? I am worried mine will get refused as well, it has been over 20 working days and it is still under consideration.
And good luck reapplying!
Hi! May I ask what reason they gave you for refusing your visa? I am worried mine will get refused as well, it has been over 20 working days and it is still under consideration.

I’m in the same situation. I had my appointment on the 23rd of august and still havent heard back. I’ve already postponed my flight like 4 times bcs I never thought they would take this long. Plus they wont evene respond my emails or phone calls.
Idk what to do anymore

It was a mistake on our part. We didn't know how much money we were required to have in our bank account to prove sufficient funds. So they said we didn't meet the financial requirement. We've added the funds now and have to wait 28 days before reapplying. Thanks, I really really hope everything comes thru this time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending