The Student Room Group

University of Aberdeen A100 2022 entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for University of Aberdeen.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about Aberdeen.
:biggrin:

Welcome to the University of Aberdeen A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

Aberdeen A100 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560508

For general information click: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergr...cine/index.php

For entry requirements click: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergr...quirements.php

Aberdeen A100 2022 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7180539

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dors Aberdeen take in account additional A levels (over 3) to compansate for lower UCAT?
Original post by LidaH
Dors Aberdeen take in account additional A levels (over 3) to compansate for lower UCAT?

This isn't the best thread for an answer like this, imo. I think it's better if you go to the University of Aberdeen 2022 Entry Thread as people will be looking at stuff like this more over there.
Hi,I just came back after taking my UCAT. Really stressed about the result. I got 2800, with 680 in VR. The real problem is that I have a band 4, which has taken me by surprise. Not once did get anything lower than band 2 on the mocks. So I was wondering, are there any applicants who got into Warwick med with a band 4 in situational judgement?
Original post by cocoabeaneo

Hi did you email them and get actual feedback on why your application got rejected? Because In my rejection email it said that they can’t delve into specifics so if I email them would they actually give feedback? Thanks

What kind of feedback did they give? Did they tell you if you got rejected because of the UCAT score/ work experience because I really need to know why I was rejected 😭
Original post by Queen2020
What kind of feedback did they give? Did they tell you if you got rejected because of the UCAT score/ work experience because I really need to know why I was rejected 😭

I think it’s only interview feedback they give, as they provided generic feedback (scored between excellent - below satisfactory) for each station of the MMI.

would you mind sharing what your UCAT / work experience placements were? Then we could get an idea of why you were rejected pre-interview
I think it’s only interview feedback they give, as they provided generic feedback (scored between excellent - below satisfactory) for each station of the MMI.

would you mind sharing what your UCAT / work experience placements were? Then we could get an idea of why you were rejected pre-interview

Hi yes so my degree is in chemical engineering 2:1. My UCAT was 2690 with 640 in VR (Band 2 in SJT). My work experience was two different work experiences as a health care assistant, one in a care home and one doing door to door care in people’s homes. Total number of hours was 170. Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Queen2020
Hi yes so my degree is in chemical engineering 2:1. My UCAT was 2690 with 640 in VR (Band 2 in SJT). My work experience was two different work experiences as a health care assistant, one in a care home and one doing door to door care in people’s homes. Total number of hours was 170. Thanks in advance :smile:

Sounds like your work experience was all good. You prob only just missed the UCAT cutoff - i don’t think the official cutoff has been published yet but there’s this spreadsheet where you can see the UCAT scores of each applicant (on TSR) who received an interview. The lowest was 2720 so you must’ve been super close :frown:

are you reapplying this year / sitting the UCAT again?

Edit: here’s last years spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aidwhbR7uPJv_IC58ylLzh4RYEERSn2KRMRi1D_YHEQ/edit
(edited 2 years ago)
Sounds like your work experience was all good. You prob only just missed the UCAT cutoff - i don’t think the official cutoff has been published yet but there’s this spreadsheet where you can see the UCAT scores of each applicant (on TSR) who received an interview. The lowest was 2720 so you must’ve been super close :frown:

are you reapplying this year / sitting the UCAT again?

Edit: here’s last years spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aidwhbR7uPJv_IC58ylLzh4RYEERSn2KRMRi1D_YHEQ/edit

Yeah I realized I did just miss the UCAT cut off! Yes I’ll be applying again this year and I have my UCAT very soon so I hope this time I get higher than 2690. I have revised more this year so I really hope I get a better score! How about yourself will you be applying this year?
Original post by AGS97
hey everyone! didnt see a thread so i started one. i am about to go into 2nd year, got 755 b1, 4 interviews and picked aberdeen. let me know if anyone needs help

Hi am I want to know if I’m competitive I’m not sure what they priorities my stats are
2570 band 2
predicitons A*A*A
gcse: 998888876
Am I competitive with my 2570 band 2 A*A*A predictions with 998888876 gcse? Idk if I should apply sorry I’m early it’s just my school has a deadline next week :frown:
Original post by shannonritchiex
Hello, I received a conditional offer today! Stuck between Aberdeen and St Andrews but swaying towards Aberdeen. Super excited to (potentially) meet you all.

What are your stats i wanna go to them but idk if I should apply
Original post by duggy1010
Am I competitive with my 2570 band 2 A*A*A predictions with 998888876 gcse? Idk if I should apply sorry I’m early it’s just my school has a deadline next week :frown:

The lowest UCAT score they invited to interview for RUK was 2650 last year...
https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergraduate/medicine/admissions-data.php
Original post by abh27sss
The lowest UCAT score they invited to interview for RUK was 2650 last year...
https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergraduate/medicine/admissions-data.php

Oh ok thank you, I have a irish passport but I lived in manchester for past 5 years am I still RUK?
Original post by duggy1010
Oh ok thank you, I have a irish passport but I lived in manchester for past 5 years am I still RUK?

I am not sure, it's way more complex for a person on TSR to answer. Even if you are classified as International, the lowest score was 2600... I think at this stage, if you're not sure of your fee status (whether you're RUK or International), the first thing is to figure this out.
Original post by abh27sss
I am not sure, it's way more complex for a person on TSR to answer. Even if you are classified as International, the lowest score was 2600... I think at this stage, if you're not sure of your fee status (whether you're RUK or International), the first thing is to figure this out.

Ok either way I don’t make the average so imma not apply there thanks for the help tho imma look into dundee
Hi, would an IB predicted 36 (HL666) and ucat 2670 sjt band 2 be likely to get an interview offer? As an International applicant.
My GCSE’s are 6A* 2A (Econs & music)1 B
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Hi, thanks for being helpful to students like us @GANFYD

I am an international students, will still be age 17 (Sep 2022) and considering Aberdeen as a shortlist. Would value your views

1. iGCSE: Advanced Mathematics - A*, Extended Mathematics - A*, Chemistry - A*, Biology - A*, Physics - A*, Computer Science - A*, French - A, Eng Literature - A and Eng Language - B
2. IB Predicted: Chemistry HL - 7, Biology HL-7, Mathematics AA HL -7, Economics SL -7, English SL - 6, French - 5
3. UCAT: 2600, SJT: Band 2

Is this university a good shortlist and the chances of getting an interview call?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by inquisitivethong
This is how they use your academic attainment:

Do you have one of these for undergrad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending