The Student Room Group

random episodes of muscle weakness/legs giving way when walking?

in an otherwise healthy person? could this be linked to iron deficiency?
Reply 1
You're probably not gonna like this answer, but you need to see your GP. It could be various things tbh.
As someone who has had an iron deficiency, fainting and fatigue are symptoms of iron deficiency but I don’t think muscle weakness is a common symptom, however I am NOT a qualified doctor. I strongly recommend you talk to your GP
Have never heard of this being a symptoms of iron deficiency
Reply 4
Original post by Pathway
You're probably not gonna like this answer, but you need to see your GP. It could be various things tbh.

yeah, not really what i was hoping to hear, lol.
thanks for replying tho. how are you doing anyway, long time no talk x
Original post by Hotheaded
As someone who has had an iron deficiency, fainting and fatigue are symptoms of iron deficiency but I don’t think muscle weakness is a common symptom, however I am NOT a qualified doctor. I strongly recommend you talk to your GP

but is there any point tho, not sure if there's anything they can do
Reply 5
Original post by black tea
Have never heard of this being a symptoms of iron deficiency

gr, that's not good
can't my body just act normal for once, ffs
Original post by Ciel.

they can tell you what's going on and whether it's something to worry about or not
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by black tea
they can tell you what's going on and whether it's something to worry about or not

:<
i guess i'll speak to them if it keeps happening
Reply 8
Original post by Ciel.
yeah, not really what i was hoping to hear, lol.
thanks for replying tho. how are you doing anyway, long time no talk x

No worries, sorry this is happening though. I'm not doing well, still in hospital. Thank you for asking! How are you?
Original post by Ciel.

If you have an iron deficiency it could turn into anaemia, you’ll need a blood test to rule it out, it’s better to be safe than sorry :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Pathway
No worries, sorry this is happening though. I'm not doing well, still in hospital. Thank you for asking! How are you?

oh no :< hope things get better for you soon.
and i'm not too bad, thanks x
Original post by Hotheaded
If you have an iron deficiency it could turn into anaemia, you’ll need a blood test to rule it out, it’s better to be safe than sorry :smile:

i mean, it already is iron deficiency anemia? i've been on iron supplements on and off for a while no but my body just rejects them i guess, lol
Original post by Ciel.
i mean, it already is iron deficiency anemia? i've been on iron supplements on and off for a while no but my body just rejects them i guess, lol

Nah, iron deficiency can lead to anaemia! Honestly I recommend speaking to your doctor, get a blood test, talking about these things, because your symptoms are cause for concern, and your health is important! :smile:
Original post by Ciel.
in an otherwise healthy person? could this be linked to iron deficiency?

it's very likely to be a passing thing. get tested but it will go away in a few weeks

Quick Reply

Latest