The Student Room Group

Birthday

Should I tell him happy birthday even though we broke up?

Scroll to see replies

If you ended on good terms, yes.
If you want to
if you guys are on good, speaking terms do so :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by myhairispeng
If you ended on good terms, yes.

Original post by lisani1_00
if you guys are on good, speaking terms do so :smile:

Not entirely, we don’t talk anymore. However I still miss him and for some reason I don’t want him to think I’ve forgotten
Original post by Anonymous
Not entirely, we don’t talk anymore. However I still miss him and for some reason I don’t want him to think I’ve forgotten

Don't bother. He's your ex, he's the past, leave him there.
Reply 6
Don't bother. He's your ex, he's the past, leave him there.

Realistically yes that seems right. I guess I’m still just hung up over him.
Realistically yes that seems right. I guess I’m still just hung up over him.

Yeah, that's normal. You'll never forget him but you can get over him.
Reply 8
Yeah, that's normal. You'll never forget him but you can get over him.

Never thought of it as such, a nice way of putting it. Hopefully that day is close.

So did u tell him or not? I think u should've
So did u tell him or not? I think u should've

No I decided not to.
Why do you think i should have?
No I decided not to.
Why do you think i should have?

Just my personal experience but it depends on situation. How long were u dating for? What stage were u at?
Just my personal experience but it depends on situation. How long were u dating for? What stage were u at?

Only a few months, but we were very close. He knew more about me than people who’ve known me my whole life. So a serious stage?
Only a few months, but we were very close. He knew more about me than people who’ve known me my whole life. So a serious stage?

How did it end?

no. you've been replaced already. you'll look like a clown saying anything to him
How did it end?

Long distance, he said we shouldn’t even be friends because we’d always have deeper feelings, which really upset me, so I said some horrible things and good riddance basically.
I’d be lying if I said I was over him. It’s exactly five months today, and I’d still take him back.
no. you've been replaced already. you'll look like a clown saying anything to him

I don’t think I’ve been replaced, not yet anyway.
I agree though, best to stay quiet.
I don’t think I’ve been replaced, not yet anyway.
I agree though, best to stay quiet.

are you aware of how many people there are in the world? sugarplum, im sorry to break it to you BUT U HAVE
Long distance, he said we shouldn’t even be friends because we’d always have deeper feelings, which really upset me, so I said some horrible things and good riddance basically.
I’d be lying if I said I was over him. It’s exactly five months today, and I’d still take him back.

Ngl I'm in a similar situation w this girl so I k your pain but I'd still say happy birthday to her
are you aware of how many people there are in the world? sugarplum, im sorry to break it to you BUT U HAVE

Fabulous, I can now hate him for giving me only part of something I wanted. A lifetime with him…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending