The Student Room Group

Still waiting for decision on Stage 2 appeal after more than 6 weeks.

I sent my stage 2 appeal on July 28th, and they acknowledged my appeal on the same day stating "We have received your email. During the current situation it may not be possible to respond to you within the usual timescales. We will do our best to do so as quickly as possible."

However it is now September 8th and I still have not received a reply from SFE with regards to a decision on my appeal. I saw online that it takes 4-6 weeks to resolve a stage 2 appeal, and I have waited 6 weeks and still have received no response.

I read some threads on student room about a person who's appeal was rejected because it supposedly had been "forgotten" by SFE, and knowing that this is now a possibility has me severely worried considering how long it's taking them to respond to my appeal.

Is there any way to contact SFE to ask about the status of my appeal?
Original post by Zaephou
I sent my stage 2 appeal on July 28th, and they acknowledged my appeal on the same day stating "We have received your email. During the current situation it may not be possible to respond to you within the usual timescales. We will do our best to do so as quickly as possible."

However it is now September 8th and I still have not received a reply from SFE with regards to a decision on my appeal. I saw online that it takes 4-6 weeks to resolve a stage 2 appeal, and I have waited 6 weeks and still have received no response.

I read some threads on student room about a person who's appeal was rejected because it supposedly had been "forgotten" by SFE, and knowing that this is now a possibility has me severely worried considering how long it's taking them to respond to my appeal.

Is there any way to contact SFE to ask about the status of my appeal?

Hi, please call us or message us on Facebook/Twitter so we can review this.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, please call us or message us on Facebook/Twitter so we can review this.

Thanks, Isaac

Is this the right page? https://www.facebook.com/SFEngland/

Also, do I send a private message or write a comment under one of the page's posts? Sorry, I don't use facebook that often and I do not have a twitter account.
Original post by Zaephou
Is this the right page? https://www.facebook.com/SFEngland/

Also, do I send a private message or write a comment under one of the page's posts? Sorry, I don't use facebook that often and I do not have a twitter account.

Please send a private message so the conversation is private.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
Please send a private message so the conversation is private.
Thanks, Isaac

Thanks for the advice, I have just now sent a private message to SFE on Facebook.
Original post by Zaephou
Thanks for the advice, I have just now sent a private message to SFE on Facebook.

Perfect, I expect you to receive a response on Monday Afternoon or early Tuesday.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending