The Student Room Group

What's the best way to revise for English Lit? (A-level)

Hello everyone, I'm going into year 13 and was just wondering if anyone had any useful exam tips for English Literature as it's a bit of an odd one to revise for and I'm not sure I'm revising in the most efficient way! :smile:
essay practice and essay plans i found the most effective ways to revise :redface: i also did make mindmaps for characters and themes though and revised off these- the difficulty though was not overloading the page with too much info as i felt like i could have put an infinite amount of stuff on there :lol: it's all about balance
for the shakespeare play i'd recommend making a mindmap of each scene (so one for act 1, scene 1, one for act 1, scene 2 etc) where you note key events and have brief analysis of characters and their actions as well as motifs and themes
Reply 2
Original post by absolutelysprout
essay practice and essay plans i found the most effective ways to revise :redface: i also did make mindmaps for characters and themes though and revised off these- the difficulty though was not overloading the page with too much info as i felt like i could have put an infinite amount of stuff on there :lol: it's all about balance
for the shakespeare play i'd recommend making a mindmap of each scene (so one for act 1, scene 1, one for act 1, scene 2 etc) where you note key events and have brief analysis of characters and their actions as well as motifs and themes

That's very helpful advice I'll definitely make sure to do that, thank you so much!!
Essay plans, practice essays, and just get to know the texts really well.
Original post by Jas.acs
That's very helpful advice I'll definitely make sure to do that, thank you so much!!

no worries, english lit i found to be my hardest a level so i wish you the best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending