The Student Room Group

Bored and want to talk music

What music/artists are you listening to at the min? Any fav songs rn or of all time, if so what makes it your favourite?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kissland
What music/artists are you listening to at the min? Any fav songs rn or of all time, if so what makes it your favourite?

I like musics from the 70s and 80s to listen to. In these decades I am not fixed to any singers or bands.
Reply 2
Original post by Kallisto
I like musics from the 70s and 80s to listen to. In these decades I am not fixed to any singers or bands.

awesome! is there anything that draws you to like music from the 70s and 80s, like in the production style, visuals, etc..
Any favourite songs from the 70s or 80s?
awesome! is there anything that draws you to like music from the 70s and 80s, like in the production style, visuals, etc..
Any favourite songs from the 70s or 80s?

Sure, I can add some here at this place, if you want to. You can tell me what your favorite songs are in the meantime.
Moonlight by Ali genti
Reply 5
Original post by Kallisto
Sure, I can add some here at this place, if you want to. You can tell me what your favorite songs are in the meantime.

yeah, that would be great! I would love to know what makes you like the songs, whether there is any specific reason, or just liking them in general :smile:

My music taste is mainly modern music, so I would love to expand my taste to the 70s/80s. I love the Cocteau Twins albums from the 80s, and the poppier music from the 80s, like tell it to my heart: taylor dayne and cruel summer: bananarama.

My favourite songs often vary. I have trouble placing all-time favourite songs. Often it depends on my mood, I love most songs that are rap, pop, r&b, dreampop, etc..
Though I really like the Weeknd's music from 2011-2013, especially his album Kissland, which is my username! Professional from that album is definitely one of my favourite songs.
Reply 6
Original post by Nightligh
Moonlight by Ali genti

dope, what makes you like that song, anything in particular about it?
I love Fletcher and Banks! I listen to them pretty much all the time
Reply 8
I'm listening to "On rainy days" by HEIZE
Reply 9
Original post by summerbirdreads
I love Fletcher and Banks! I listen to them pretty much all the time

I haven't heard of them before, what genre would you define them as? I will check them out asap though! Any song recommendations by them to start?
Also, what is your fav song from them?
Reply 10
Original post by Ra_Ar
I'm listening to "On rainy days" by HEIZE

awesome!! what makes you like the song?? How did you find out about it?
I haven't heard of them before, what genre would you define them as? I will check them out asap though! Any song recommendations by them to start?

Fletcher is definitely pop but i personally started listening to her because she is a queer artist and then i just fell in love with the music
i'd suggest listening to Bitter by her first
Banks is indie/alt with a bit of hiphop and rock and she's amazing like i put her albums on repeat all the time
my favorite songs by her are Contaminated, Stroke and If we were made of water and she released a new single called Skinnydip which is amazing

definitely check them out!
dope, what makes you like that song, anything in particular about it?

It’s reminds me of my best friend that one part that he said ever since you left me I go stare at the moon that lyric reminds of him we use to date but we decided we be friends.
Reply 14
Original post by summerbirdreads
Fletcher is definitely pop but i personally started listening to her because she is a queer artist and then i just fell in love with the music
i'd suggest listening to Bitter by her first
Banks is indie/alt with a bit of hiphop and rock and she's amazing like i put her albums on repeat all the time
my favorite songs by her are Contaminated, Stroke and If we were made of water and she released a new single called Skinnydip which is amazing

hey, i just listened!

I had heard of banks before and tried to listen to her, though i hadn't found the right song for me, though it is definitely something if it was on radio i would happily listen to.
I hadn't realised until i typed her name into spotify hahaha. I read fletcher and banks as a band name!

The song stroke from Banks vaguely reminded me of LP1 by Fka twigs, which if you hadn't heard i would recommend- mostly the song two weeks from it (dirty lyrics, but great production and catchy hahaha)

Bitter by Fletcher was. catchy listen! I sent it to my friend as it sounds like something she would really like.
have you listened to Sawayama by rina sawayama, she is also a queer artist, likewise to fletcher, and her album was amazing last year. Although mainly pop it does possess some slight rock elements! If you havent, i would suggest comme de garcons and Tokyo love hotel. Though the whole album is amazing!

I will definitely listen to more from the artists you recommended, i really appreciate you sharing them and im glad you love them! If you ever listen to my recommendations, let me know! Hopefully you would like them :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Nightligh
It’s reminds me of my best friend that one part that he said ever since you left me I go stare at the moon that lyric reminds of him we use to date but we decided we be friends.

aw thats so cute that lyric reminds you of someone! Sad to hear that you decided to be friends instead, but sometimes that's the best thing. Sounds like the song has a special meaning to you, which enhances the song!
aw thats so cute that lyric reminds you of someone! Sad to hear that you decided to be friends instead, but sometimes that's the best thing. Sounds like the song has a special meaning to you, which enhances the song!

I know I’m glad he still my friend without him I be lost ☺️😊 and thank u😊
Reply 17
awesome!! what makes you like the song?? How did you find out about it?

it's actually a pretty chill and quiet song which is not usually my style, but this one was pretty good probably because the melody was good :smile:
Reply 18
I have stuff by like 8000 artists, I find it really, really hard to pick favourites
hey, i just listened!

I had heard of banks before and tried to listen to her, though i hadn't found the right song for me, though it is definitely something if it was on radio i would happily listen to.
I hadn't realised until i typed her name into spotify hahaha. I read fletcher and banks as a band name!

The song stroke from Banks vaguely reminded me of LP1 by Fka twigs, which if you hadn't heard i would recommend- mostly the song two weeks from it (dirty lyrics, but great production and catchy hahaha)

Bitter by Fletcher was. catchy listen! I sent it to my friend as it sounds like something she would really like.
have you listened to Sawayama by rina sawayama, she is also a queer artist, likewise to fletcher, and her album was amazing last year. Although mainly pop it does possess some slight rock elements! If you havent, i would suggest comme de garcons and Tokyo love hotel. Though the whole album is amazing!

I will definitely listen to more from the artists you recommended, i really appreciate you sharing them and im glad you love them! If you ever listen to my recommendations, let me know! Hopefully you would like them :smile:

people compare banks with fka a lot actually and many even want them to collab but i actually listened to her before but didn't pay much attention but now I listened to LP1 like you said and damn she's awesome and really like Banks! thanks for the rep i'll definitely be listening to her more because I'm obsessed now, she's right up my ally!! she also reminds me of Lana del ray especially her song Hours

I listen to Rina Sawayama sometimes but never knew she was queer! thank you for telling me that it made me really happy

I'm so glad you liked Fletcher and recommended it to your friend! like fletcher deserves it, i have been listening to her music everyday since 2017 she was my gay awakening especially her Wasted Youth music video! she always delivers for us lesbians through her music, songs and the music videos, I love how she represents queer relationship without singing about being in a queer relationship like her songs are not about being queer but like she sings like all aspect of a normal relationship but she happens to be in a queer relationship like she doesn't make her songs about being lesbian but she just is and she sings about all the other things like the good and the bad that happens in a relationship as well! and that's really refreshing since many other queer artist really tend to sing about only about the good stuff and doesn't really acknowledge the bad stuff this is all good and fine and i stan but good things and bad things happen in every relationship and I love how Fletcher represents that!

I just really love her so much I guess and I generally love intense songs and her songs are so intense and I love how she puts everything into them, i never get bored listening to her! she's like my bts!

Quick Reply

Latest