The Student Room Group

Emma Raducanu wins US Open

Thoughts

Scroll to see replies

Wimbledon was 2 months ago ...
Ngl no idea who that is

edit: She's goodlooking though
(edited 2 years ago)
She won the us open, unfortunately she had an injury at wimbledon after a stunning performance.
Brilliant performance all the way through really dominant. She has simply been fantastic at both majors this year.
I meant US open yeah she is nice looking and seems very nice
Reply 5
great
her father seems toxic af tho. he's one of those 'look at my trophy-child' parents that would rather see their kid die, than fail at something
Watched about the second half of the match, which, by the way, was the Women's US Open Final (not Wimbledon! :h:)
It was really interesting to watch; tennis is one of those sports I actually will watch and enjoy. The stadium was huge and incredible, too.
Emma definitely deserved to win. Plus, that ace at the end was a really great way to end the match.
Original post by Ciel.
great
her father seems toxic af tho. he's one of those 'look at my trophy-child' parents that would rather see their kid die, than fail at something

Is this necessary right now. Emma looked very proud & joyful, i think celebrating her achievement is worth focusing on today. Her parents weren’t even at the open.
Original post by Ciel.
i can't help it, i hate abusive old men

Has their been any serious suggestions of him being an abusive father. I didn’t hear this at either the US open or Wimbledon.
Reply 9
Original post by mnot
Has their been any serious suggestions of him being an abusive father. I didn’t hear this at either the US open or Wimbledon.

that's just what my sixth sense tells me. it's usually right tho
Reply 10
Original post by mnot
She won the us open, unfortunately she had an injury at wimbledon after a stunning performance.

No, she had 'breathing difficulties' during a match at Wimbledon and later said 'the whole experience caught up with her'.
Original post by Ciel.
that's just what my sixth sense tells me. it's usually right tho

when she phoned him up he said better than I thought so maybe you are right. In a way to be good at tennis you have to have started at maybe 6/7 so the parents usually have an input.
I love her, wish I carried on my tennis lessons when I was younger lol, made the sport look fun. cant wait to see her again, I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole match. leylah Fernandez also did well, she looked very disappointed though bless.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Surnia
No, she had 'breathing difficulties' during a match at Wimbledon and later said 'the whole experience caught up with her'.

Yes sounds like she had a panic attack at Wimbledon. I thought it was disgusting reading some peoples responses to that on social media and certain media "personalities". but she obviously got help to overcome what happened.

I think she is amazing!
kind of annoying how all these so-called celebrities ae jumping on the bandwagon
That is the greatest surprise since Boris Becker won Wimbledon in 1985 at the age of 17. That is an awesome performance, really! we just shouldn't forget the 19 year old Leylah Fernandez, she reached a Grand Slam final in that age and this is brilliant too.
(edited 2 years ago)
Exactly this.
Original post by Kallisto
That is the greatest surprise since Boris Becker won Wimbledon in 1985 at the age of 17. That is an awesome performance, really! we just shouldn't forget the 19 year old Leylah Fernandez, she reached a Grand Slam final in that age and this is brilliant too.

thought that said Boris Johnson for a second lol
That she was at the age of 18 to did it? and played in three qualifications rounds to win sensationally the US Open at the end? that is a long road to victory!
If you are not into sports it is not a big deal but Britain hasn't had a top 50 woman for about 20 years

Quick Reply

Latest