The Student Room Group

6th form uniform

I was wondering if you had a 6th form uniform or just had a dress code to follow?

We had 6th form uniform which was quite similar to our yr7 - yr11 uniform, just different tie and blazer obviously. And was x10 stricter on standards lol
Original post by anime<3gaming
I was wondering if you had a 6th form uniform or just had a dress code to follow?

We had 6th form uniform which was quite similar to our yr7 - yr11 uniform, just different tie and blazer obviously. And was x10 stricter on standards lol

Your thread has been moved to Secondary School, Sixth Form and FE College. :yy:

I had a dress code to follow. :smile:
ours was no spaghetti strap tops, no midriffs/shoulders on show, no ripped jeans etc. but you could basically wear what you wanted
Reply 3
Original post by flaurie
ours was no spaghetti strap tops, no midriffs/shoulders on show, no ripped jeans etc. but you could basically wear what you wanted

ours is non uniform as well so you have to dress appropriately for school e.g. no midriffs, strappy tops, short skirt/shorts. all sixth forms have different rules so it depends.
Original post by 5hyl33n
Your thread has been moved to Secondary School, Sixth Form and FE College. :yy:

I had a dress code to follow. :smile:

wouldnt have guessed it was under study help' lol thanks

some people prefer uniform cause its just easier iv heard but at same time you dont feel no different than yr10 or 11 cause your still technically in school uniform at 18 lol
Original post by anime<3gaming
wouldnt have guessed it was under study help' lol thanks

some people prefer uniform cause its just easier iv heard but at same time you dont feel no different than yr10 or 11 cause your still technically in school uniform at 18 lol

It is quite odd! :tongue:

I guess having a uniform is easier because it saves money and time. Sometimes I spent 20 minutes choosing my outfit for the next day, which I could've spent studying! :lol:
Reply 6
Original post by 5hyl33n
It is quite odd! :tongue:

I guess having a uniform is easier because it saves money and time. Sometimes I spent 20 minutes choosing my outfit for the next day, which I could've spent studying! :lol:

LITERALLYYY!!! phaha the first week of school really is some fashion week then stress comes in and we're back to joggers and hoodies :lol::lol::lol:
Original post by hevi_g
LITERALLYYY!!! phaha the first week of school really is some fashion week then stress comes in and we're back to joggers and hoodies :lol::lol::lol:

Exactly! :lol:

Are you in Year 12 or Year 13? How are you finding it? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by 5hyl33n
Exactly! :lol:

Are you in Year 12 or Year 13? How are you finding it? :smile:

I'm in year 12 and so far its good but the homeworks are coming in and i'm deciding to drop psychology. wbu? :smile:
Original post by hevi_g
I'm in year 12 and so far its good but the homeworks are coming in and i'm deciding to drop psychology. wbu? :smile:

I'm glad to hear Year 12 is going well. :biggrin:

I've just finished 6th Form. Off to university now!
Reply 10
Original post by 5hyl33n
I'm glad to hear Year 12 is going well. :biggrin:

I've just finished 6th Form. Off to university now!

oooo very nice! where are you studying and what are you studying? also what A Levels did you do? sorry about the questions :biggrin:
Original post by hevi_g
oooo very nice! where are you studying and what are you studying? also what A Levels did you do? sorry about the questions :biggrin:

I'm studying Chemistry at Cardiff University. I did A-Levels in Chemistry, Physics and Psychology.

What A-Levels are you doing? :smile:
Reply 12
i’m doing biology, chemistry, sociology and psychology but thinking about dropping psychology. i want to study medicine in the future so I need to start making flash cards for revision then I have time to revise them instead making them :smile:
Original post by hevi_g
i’m doing biology, chemistry, sociology and psychology but thinking about dropping psychology. i want to study medicine in the future so I need to start making flash cards for revision then I have time to revise them instead making them :smile:

Ooo, nice! Good luck with your Medicine application. :yy:

Let me know if you need any help with Chemistry/Psychology. :smile:
hi, my college doesnt have a dress code ig? it just says no offensive words on your clothes
Original post by 5hyl33n
I'm studying Chemistry at Cardiff University. I did A-Levels in Chemistry, Physics and Psychology.

What A-Levels are you doing? :smile:

i want to do chem too but i thought i had to take maths. its a week in and i dont really mind it as much tbh i think but it wasnt even my first option
I went to an FE college and I don't remember there being any official dress code at all
Original post by HousesInCork
I went to an FE college and I don't remember there being any official dress code at all

me and my brother are both attending the same FE college and my brother keeps saying it feels under average but what i think he's getting at is that its just a school where teens can act like teens and we never saw that at our secondary school (it was more of a prison so no personality)
Original post by i like cereal
i want to do chem too but i thought i had to take maths. its a week in and i dont really mind it as much tbh i think but it wasnt even my first option

I took Chemistry without Mathematics, and it wasn't that bad! I think the only bit I struggled with was rearranging the Arrhenius equation.
I'm glad you are finding Chemistry okay. Good luck with this year! :yy:
yeah i couldnt imagine struggling to wear something different without being judged lol most of week id just wear same clothes if its still clean and i havent been sweating but least at 6th form we still had a uniform whereas others have told me you dont know what to wear if there isnt lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending