The Student Room Group

what are your most unfair detentions or any punishment in school

Ive seen this post and it says 6 years ago i am ganna do it i am very intrested to hear your storys :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
forgetting my chemistry book and getting a 30 min detention, it was so stupid coz all the book had was notes anyway
Class detentions where the most unfair because I’d have to sit in silence for an hour after school thanks to a few idiots who thought it would be a great idea to throw chairs at each other in RS (and that’s just one example).
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Class detentions where the most unfair because I’d have to sit in silence for an hour after school thanks to a few idiots who thought it would be a great idea to throw chairs at each other in RS (and that’s just one example).

i agree, class detentions were the WORST
Reply 4
So today i got a lunch time today for being late i was waiting for the bus then it came yover 30 mins after the expected date! I made it to school like 5 mins late and i the teacher said if you quickly run i wont give you detention i ran as fast as i can keep in mind the day before we had pe and we ran alot me being very tired with my legs aching still ran once i got there another teacher asked for my name and logged me for being late i RAN MY BONES HURT the other teacher (the one who said if you ran i wont give you detention) they ran she said well i already wrote his name wtf WHY f***ing hell why with my literall bones aching i went up stairs to tutor i f***ing dispise that teacher
Reply 5
Original post by sarahjanesmith
forgetting my chemistry book and getting a 30 min detention, it was so stupid coz all the book had was notes anyway

Unlucky
In year 7, my class was messing around and my teacher decided to make the whole class stay back at lunch for however long the students were messing for. The teacher recorded us messing for 1 minute, so we had to stay for 1 minute at lunch. I forgot about it and I received a 30 minute after school detention as it was “unfair to the other students”. Cherry on top - at parents evening (a day before the detention), she said that I wasn’t one of the student who was messing around.
(edited 2 years ago)
Pretty much all school punishments are unfair and contrary to any concept of human rights as there is no such thing as a fair tribunal. You cannot ask for a hearing, most punishments are given out on the fiat of a teacher who is not required to present any evidence for it. Also, a large number of punishments are not for specific breaches of codes (such as being late), but for subjective matters (such as rowdy behaviour). So in effect, a teacher decides that a particular behaviour is a breach, and without the need for any further authority, gives out a punishment of their own choosing, for which the subject has no redress and no right to tribunal.

Further, many (if not most) schools still practise collective punishment. Again, a gross breach of human rights.
Reply 8
The teacher said "if you don't want to be here then leave" so I left then the next day I was in I got a detention
Me and my friend left our lesson to deliver a message from our teacher to another staff member. We knocked on the door and and waited, while this was happening another teacher walked past being her moody self saying "Well he obviously isn't there!"

Right after she says that he answers the door, and I answered with "He obviously is". She then stops walking and says "Excuse me... EXCUSE ME" then turns back and walks over to us to say "Who said that? It was YOU wasn't it?"

She ends up asking whos class I came from, goes over there to tell her what happened and even my teacher looked angry and gave me a cold shoulder for the rest of that lesson...I got a 10 minute detention for that. Wtf.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Boredrn
Ive seen this post and it says 6 years ago i am ganna do it i am very intrested to hear your storys :smile:

I genuinely got given a 20 minute after school detention for eating a chocolate bar in my schools common room. The head of year decided that the main place where people eat would be a no eating food zone. Most people are outside but I decided the rule was ridiculous and ate inside. I got given the detention which I didn't attend. It then escalated to an hour on a Friday night which I also did not attend. can't wait for them to put an A* student in isolation for eating a chocolate bar...
In year 8 I had a phobia of being sick, and one in class a kid threw up everywhere so I walked out and refused to go back in, and the next day I was internally suspended. But when my my sister skippped all her lessons for a whole day once she got the same punishment as me, and I only missed half of one lesson and there was a good reason

Quick Reply

Latest