The Student Room Group

I'm not into short girls. Is there anything wrong with this?

I'm 6'2 and have never been attracted to a short girl. Ever. As in one under 5'9. Dont know what it is apart from the fact that I feel really uncomfortable standing next to a girl under 5'9. I just tower over her pm and at times it just looks like I'm taking my daughter out instead of a potential girlfriend. So for this reason I only want to date girls 5'9 to 5'11.

I'm wondering what do you guys think about it. Is it okay to have these preferences, especially when everyone does nowadays. I mean I doubt you guys would go for someone you aren't attracted to and for me height is important to it as I don't wanna feel like I'm walking my daughter somewhere when I don't even have a daughter and because I tower so much over girls under 5'9, I just am not attracted to it.

Thanks for reading and your opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also, tall guys are any of you feeling like this too? I know plenty of tall guys (tbh most of the ones I know) agree with me and don't want to go for a girl under like 5'9 because they don't want to fully tower over their girlfriend and they feel like they would over a girl under 5'9.
i found mr bigfoot!
Reply 3
Original post by LeafMeAlonee
i found mr bigfoot!

Surely 6'2 isn't considered bigfoot.
Original post by Anonymous

@Lucifer323 can decide on that...
I'm 6'2 and have never been attracted to a short girl. Ever. As in one under 5'9. Dont know what it is apart from the fact that I feel really uncomfortable standing next to a girl under 5'9. I just tower over her pm and at times it just looks like I'm taking my daughter out instead of a potential girlfriend. So for this reason I only want to date girls 5'9 to 5'11.

I'm wondering what do you guys think about it. Is it okay to have these preferences, especially when everyone does nowadays. I mean I doubt you guys would go for someone you aren't attracted to and for me height is important to it as I don't wanna feel like I'm walking my daughter somewhere when I don't even have a daughter and because I tower so much over girls under 5'9, I just am not attracted to it.

Thanks for reading and your opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Yes indeed!!
My approach in life is the following:

No short people
No chubbys
No annoying short and chubbys

@Lucifer323 can decide on that...

Well... When a short 5'2 girl wants to date a 6'2 guy then it's the same as wanting to date Mr Bigfoot

Anyone seeing the irony here or it is just me?!
Of course it is!!

You like what you like and that's it. It's a preference.

I always find it weird seeing super tall with short tbh because yeah, what you said, the whole looking like a child thing. I don't go for short people either. Another note, it's good to get the height ratios correct because it can very akward hugging etc when it isn't. Bent neck etc.
Yeah I have no ****ing idea why so many tall guys literally want a girl one whole foot or shorter. It looks a little odd when a woman is extremely short to a guy. I see women that are like 5'1 and under with guys that are like 6'2 or 6'3+ and I honestly can't tell if it's their daughter. It looks like it. A lot of short women turn me off when they think that marrying a tall guy will magically pop out tall babies out of their vagina
I'm a 5'9 girl it's nice knowing that tall guys go for taller girls in most couples I see the guy is really tall and the girl is like 5'1. I have never had a guy taller than me ask me out I have been asked out by guys that are like 5'6. Like sorry, but I don't want to bend down to kiss a man.
Nothing wrong with that but as a 5’8 man I just want to know how’s the weather up there?
Reply 11
Be attracted to whomever you so wish, its no one elses business who you are or arent attracted to. Despite what those crackpot activists would have us believe it is neither transphobic/homophobic/ableist/heightist etc. etc. to not be attracted to (insert whoever here).
Original post by Lucifer323

xx

a new addition to the list!
Original post by Lucifer323
Yes indeed!!
My approach in life is the following:

Admit it, you ARE Anonymous 1 and you made this thread just so you could have another place to talk about how you don't like "short and chubbys".
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Admit it, you ARE Anonymous 1 and you made this thread just so you could have another place to talk about how you don't like "midgys and chubbys".

Hello my dear friend!!

I never use the anonymous function.
Always with my username I reply or create threads.
(edited 2 years ago)
It's not bad exactly, if you're polite about it. But you might overlook a lot of lovely short guys who could have made you really happy.

(overlook them, LOL)

This is the advice I gave to a girl who didn't find short guys attractive and I'd give you the same :smile:
a new addition to the list!

Wasn't it always there?

Admit it, you ARE Anonymous 1 and you made this thread just so you could have another place to talk about how you don't like and chubbys".

But lucifer is 5'10 and anon 1 is 6'2
Original post by hungrysalamander
Wasn't it always there?

Probs was tbf, a fine fusion of chubby and annoying!
Original post by hungrysalamander
Wasn't it always there?

Well done my friend!! You even know my height. I am getting a lot of attention in these threads as it seems...
I can confirm that @Lucifer323 is not the OP, just to put that off topic tangent to bed! Please also keep in mind that it is against the site rules to try and publicly identify someone who is using anon.

@OP,
Having a preference is perfectly fine. However, keep in mind you might miss out on your otherwise perfect match if you adhere to physical ideals too strictly.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending