The Student Room Group

Question about the Big Four Accountancy Firms

Hello

I am in the final year of my accounting degree and I am currently looking for a graduate job. I was wondering if by working for one of the big four accounting firms I would be able to pursue the ACCA qualification. Do they pay for the exams or would I have to complete and pay for the exams myself?
Reply 1
Hi

All the big 4 will have staff studying for ACCA, but its much more common for their staff to study ACA/ CA. The firms pay for exams and study courses.
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
Hi

All the big 4 will have staff studying for ACCA, but its much more common for their staff to study ACA/ CA. The firms pay for exams and study courses.

Thanks for the reply.

So if I want to study the ACCA shall I apply instead for a smaller firm that offers it? Also, what is the difference between each of these qualifications?
Reply 3
Original post by Aslihan23
Thanks for the reply.

So if I want to study the ACCA shall I apply instead for a smaller firm that offers it? Also, what is the difference between each of these qualifications?

Honestly - they are pretty much the same. Any strong reason for preferring ACCA? I think its more important to apply for lots of jobs as its not easy to get into grad schemes. If someone offers you a great job with funding for CIMA then go for it.
Original post by Aslihan23
Thanks for the reply.

ACCA is usually small-mid size firms, I believe the tuition or something is cheaper. You can always apply for Big4 post-qualification or towards then end and they would fund the remaining exams and training. Big4 don't hire grads onto ACCA schemes but will hire semi-qualified individuals from other firms doing the ACCA.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending