The Student Room Group

Period due when clubbing- what to do?

Freshers is next week and so is my period, considering how imma be clubbing and partying do you think I can get away with wearing period pants or should I go for regular pads, keeping in mind that for my 1st/2nd day are my heaviest flow? I just want to have a good time and not feel uncomfortable 💀 Any personal experiences/opinions on period pants?

Scroll to see replies

How u ever put a tampon and then put ur pad on so u won’t bleed through on ur heavy days or u just like wearing pads or tampons I just wear black clothing when I’m on my period and pads idk
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Nightligh
How u ever put a tampon and then put ur pad on so u won’t bleed through on ur heavy days or u just like wearing pads or tampons I just wear black clothing when I’m on my period and pads idk

Are you asking if I’ve ever worn a tampon? Then no and knowing me I don’t think I’ll like it or be comfortable with it, that’s why I’m asking about period pants
Original post by Anonymous
Are you asking if I’ve ever worn a tampon? Then no and knowing me I don’t think I’ll like it or be comfortable with it, that’s why I’m asking about period pants

Maybe ur period can be black just in case u bleed thro
I don't see why it couldn't hurt to wear period pants in addition to your pads for some extra peace of mind. Changing regularly will make things more comfortable and you can use night time pads in the day too if you're that heavy and need the coverage.

Is it too late for the pill that delays it now?
Reply 5
Maybe ur period can be black just in case u bleed thro

I don’t think you understand what I’m asking I’m not talking about regular pants that I would use for my period, I’m talking about period panties which are an actual thing (quickly google), thanks for taking the time to help but sadly you didn’t answer my question:frown:
Reply 6
I don't see why it couldn't hurt to wear period pants in addition to your pads for some extra peace of mind. Changing regularly will make things more comfortable and you can use night time pads in the day too if you're that heavy and need the coverage.

Is it too late for the pill that delays it now?

But then surely if I’m gonna be wearing pads there’s no point of the period pants? I’ve been researching and people you can wear them without pads as they’re really absorbent but you can wear pads for rectors protection. As for the pill, I don’t have the funds to go and get them :frown: nor do I feel entirely comfortable using it just this one time
But then surely if I’m gonna be wearing pads there’s no point of the period pants? I’ve been researching and people you can wear them without pads as they’re really absorbent but you can wear pads for rectors protection. As for the pill, I don’t have the funds to go and get them :frown: nor do I feel entirely comfortable using it just this one time

From what i understand there are many different brands of period pants, i've heard of people having good experiences with them but whether or not what brand you buy would work for you on your heavy flow days would require a bit of just jumping in and trying it out to see if it works. Personally i don't think i'd use freshers week and club nights as the first time to try them, even if they worked i'd probably just be worried the entire time about what if i'm bleeding through. If you know pads work for you then the peace of mind that you're not leaking might be worth considering.

Just ideas idk I just wear sweatpants and black pants for when I’m on my period and call it a day and who got time to find period pants for ur period when u can just wear something comfortable and be happy.
(edited 2 years ago)
I agree with the above ^ - I'd say stick to what you know and stick with the pads this time around. Period pants sound great, but I think it would be good to see how they work for you before clubbing. You'll most likely be clubbing loads through uni so can get a little more familiar with them and give them a go another time. Alternatively, your doctor can prescribe you something to delay your period by a week (free of cost), however it probably will alter your period pattern so I don't think it is worth it personally.
🤢🤢
From what i understand there are many different brands of period pants, i've heard of people having good experiences with them but whether or not what brand you buy would work for you on your heavy flow days would require a bit of just jumping in and trying it out to see if it works. Personally i don't think i'd use freshers week and club nights as the first time to try them, even if they worked i'd probably just be worried the entire time about what if i'm bleeding through. If you know pads work for you then the peace of mind that you're not leaking might be worth considering.

You’re right about how freshers maybe shouldn’t be the first time to try it out, thanks for the advice!
Original post by curious-student
I agree with the above ^ - I'd say stick to what you know and stick with the pads this time around. Period pants sound great, but I think it would be good to see how they work for you before clubbing. You'll most likely be clubbing loads through uni so can get a little more familiar with them and give them a go another time. Alternatively, your doctor can prescribe you something to delay your period by a week (free of cost), however it probably will alter your period pattern so I don't think it is worth it personally.

Thanks for the time to respond! But I’ve thought about the doctor thing but you know what NHS doctors are like smh, and that’s true I do have later to try them out
🤢🤢

Irrelevant. I’m guessing a guy wrote this lool
Just ideas idk I just wear sweatpants and black pants for when I’m on my period and call it a day and who got time to find period pants for ur period when u can just wear something comfortable and be happy.

Black sweatpants to a club?? I’ll try and find some alternative you’re right about the comfy and happy part though
Tampons are your best bet. You won't even be aware it's there if you insert it correctly.
Freshers is next week and so is my period, considering how imma be clubbing and partying do you think I can get away with wearing period pants or should I go for regular pads, keeping in mind that for my 1st/2nd day are my heaviest flow? I just want to have a good time and not feel uncomfortable 💀 Any personal experiences/opinions on period pants?

If I’m going out I normally go for tampons but if you are wearing tights under skirts/jeans etc then it doesn’t matter too much. Do whatever makes you comfortable
a lot of girls are scared to wear tampons. I like them more than pads but I'm also a swimmer so I kinda have to wear them. I would go with what you know how to use already. the underwear seem cool though I would try those but i would make sure they work first if you are heavy on certain days then i wouldn't wear them because i don't know how absorbent they are i would also wear something dark
I've been out on nights out before on my period and it's been fine (even with a heavy period). Just make sure you have plenty of spare pads/tampons if needed. I've used pads and just changed them more often as obviously you're moving around more so might have a heavier flow and be a bit sweaty.

Go and have fun! :smile:
I like the period pants. You could always (when you first put them on) put a pad over the top as well and then take it off to just use the pants. Just use ones designed for a heavy flow
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest