The Student Room Group

Predicted BBC ,entry requirements are BBB

My predicted grades are BBC but I'm applying to lincoln to do biomedical science, they require BBB. Do you think they would consider my offer?

Arabic :A*
Chemistry :C
Biology :B
Math :B

I would really like to apply to lincoln but I'm not sure if they will accept my offer .
If you think they won't accept my offer is their any other uni which accept lower grades ?
I would appreciate it if anyone can recommend an alternative options (except taking a gap year).
I think it's reasonable to apply to a couple of courses with slightly higher than your predicted grades - having one or two "aspirational" choices on your UCAS application is a good idea. Note that if you do get made an offer, it's very likely it will be for the standard requirement (BBB in this case) so you would need to work to bring up the C grade in your final exams. But yes, that should be fine and is a sensible approach.
Hi,

Your school will likely tell the Uni what they want to hear, and that is that you are on track to meet entry requirements - they don't want to mug you off because you're a grade short. Worst case scenario, they don't! Uni lecturers will look at your predicted grades, and make a decision on whether to offer you a place or not (depends on how many places they are able to fill) - because you're just a grade short I wouldn't be surprised if they offered you a place. Make sure your personal statement is really good, and that you have a good reference to better your chances.

Good Luck.
Ideally this is what your five university course choices should look like :
1 or 2 'risky' choices - just above your predicted grades (ie. AAA requirements with AAB predictions)
2 or 3 - at your predicted grades
1 or 2 - below your predicted grade

More advice here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections

PS. Drop Chemistry - it could make the difference you need to 'up' the other grades.
Remember, AAA will laways look better than ABBB.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Doniaer
Thank you all ,that was helpful :smile:

Are you a native speaker of Arabic, in a loose sense of the word?
Original post by Doniaer
My predicted grades are BBC but I'm applying to lincoln to do biomedical science, they require BBB. Do you think they would consider my offer?

Arabic :A*
Chemistry :C
Biology :B
Math :B

I would really like to apply to lincoln but I'm not sure if they will accept my offer .
If you think they won't accept my offer is their any other uni which accept lower grades ?
I would appreciate it if anyone can recommend an alternative options (except taking a gap year).

Hi @Doniaer

It is great to hear that you are considering applying to join us at the University of Lincoln.

If you are worried about your application to us then please do get in touch with our Admissions Teams as they are the ones who over see all the applications to the University and they will be the best team to advise you.

Admissions can be contacted via their dedicated email: [email protected]

If you want to have a chat to some of our current students as well you can do so via Unibuddy here. Harriet is on there and she is a current Biomedical student so she may be able to assist you with any other course queries you may have. You can also contact our general enquiries team who will be able to forward any questions to the correct team, their email is [email protected].

I hope that is all helpful and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Good luck!!

Megan
Year 3 BA Education Student

Quick Reply

Latest