The Student Room Group

Prospects of obtaining a TC at a Magic Circle Firm

What are the prospects of securing a TC at a top Magic Circle Firm with an LLB degree from London Metropolitan University and legal secretarial experience?
Really? A third time? My dude why do you have such a chip on your shoulder.

Also, was it Linklaters specifically that rejected you for an NQ job and that's why you're especially hung up on this one girl or what?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
You claimed to have a 2:1 from UCL on a other thread. Stop trolling.
Original post by Scrooo
You claimed to have a 2:1 from UCL on a other thread. Stop trolling.

Read my original post. Nowhere do I say I went to LMU.
Reply 4
Original post by NQ Lawyer
Read my original post. Nowhere do I say I went to LMU.

Oh no. I just realised, this is another one of your obsessive posts about that girl whose father was a partner. I don't say this with any ill-will, but i recommend you get therapy. This obsession is very unhealthy, especially when it doesn't have any real basis. Either that, or you're a very committed troll, in which case i almost respect the dedication, channel that into your TC applications!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Scrooo
Oh no. I just realised, this is another one of your obsessive posts about that girl whose father was a partner. I don't say this with any ill-will, but i recommend you get therapy. This obsession is very unhealthy, especially when it doesn't have any real basis. Either that, or you're a very committed troll, in which case i almost respect the dedication, channel that into your TC applications!

Is this specific one's even a partner? I know some of the other people on his list had partner parents, but I don't know enough about this one.
Original post by Gmaster1980
Is this specific one's even a partner? I know some of the other people on his list had partner parents, but I don't know enough about this one.

The girl I referred to just qualified as an associate at the firm where she completed her TC. Her father is not just a partner at the firm, he is the managing partner of one of firm’s EU offices. Curious coincidence.
The girl I referred to just qualified as an associate at the firm where she completed her TC. Her father is not just a partner at the firm, he is the managing partner of one of firm’s EU offices. Curious coincidence.

If you still need to spend 4 years grinding in a legal secretary role to get a tc, then nepotism really isn't worth much lol. Makes your argument even sadder tbh.
Original post by Gmaster1980
If you still need to spend 4 years grinding in a legal secretary role to get a tc, then nepotism really isn't worth much lol. Makes your argument even sadder tbh.

Many people grind as a paralegal for a few years before being able to obtain a TC at a respectable firm. The work one does as a paralegal is also arguably more demanding than the work a legal secretary does.
Many people grind as a paralegal for a few years before being able to obtain a TC at a respectable firm. The work one does as a paralegal is also arguably more demanding than the work a legal secretary does.

Except the vast majority of people at city firms don't actually grind and mainly go in directly after uni. You aren't making the point you think you are. Do you want to trade with the people you're complaining about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending