The Student Room Group

Changing my name

Hi, this is a bit random but I really want to change my name to Flora when I turn sixteen. I don't adore Flora but I really dislike my name and hate to hear people say it. I would also change my middle name to Maisie. Both Flora and Maisie are a nod to my current first and middle names. My parents aren't fans but, at the end of the day, it is my name. Has anyone else done this on deed poll at 16+?
if youre not a bif fan of flora why choose that as your new name? one ppl will use all the time? trust me names dont grow on you
Original post by hey yall
if youre not a bif fan of flora why choose that as your new name? one ppl will use all the time? trust me names dont grow on you

yep, i totally get you're point, but flora is the only name i like that isn't a million miles away from my given name. I would like to use something like Rose or Elizabeth, but lots of people call me Flora anyway and I think it would just be easier
Original post by flopsey-bunny
yep, i totally get you're point, but flora is the only name i like that isn't a million miles away from my given name. I would like to use something like Rose or Elizabeth, but lots of people call me Flora anyway and I think it would just be easier

if you prefer rose or elizabeth then go for that. a new name doesnt have to be similar to your old one - its a now name lol
it might be difficult for some people but eventually they will understand
i know a few people who changed their names - alice to rose and zara to noah
So is your first name Laura then? (I used to vaguely know someone, a friend of a friend, who was called Laura - everyone called her Flora Laura.)

If you really hate your name that much then do it I suppose, but it seems strange to change your name to something you don't even like that much.

As a parent I understand why your parents don't want you to change your name, but I guess you're the one who has to live with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending