The Student Room Group

Unsure on when first payment will be made?

Today I received a text message from Student Finance saying that my first payment will arrive on the 20th of this month- but on the Student Finance website it says that my first payment will not be given to me until my attendance is confirmed by my university- but my first official day of uni isn't until the 27th of this month. So will i receive my first payment on the 20th or after the 27th?
Original post by sweetie spiders
Today I received a text message from Student Finance saying that my first payment will arrive on the 20th of this month- but on the Student Finance website it says that my first payment will not be given to me until my attendance is confirmed by my university- but my first official day of uni isn't until the 27th of this month. So will i receive my first payment on the 20th or after the 27th?

Hi!
If your finance is scheduled for the 20th then this is probably when you will receive your money. Most likely it will be confirmed by your uni by then but, if not, it will be paid once it is confirmed. Is usually aligns with the start of your term. Do you have an induction week? Or does your uni term date start on the 20th?
I wouldn't worry too much as it usually says that it is awaiting confirmation up until the very last minute so you should be absolutely fine!
Hope that helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest