The Student Room Group

My uni timetable watttttttt

Hey there,

For context I will be studying Computer Science.

I recently got my timetable and found out that I am only studying some weeks for 2 hours!! and some up to 6 but no week exceeds the 6 hour mark for the first semester?

Is this normal, I feel this is very very little contact hours?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I registered for in campus only and since there were no optional modules for first year, I do believe everything has been added on?
Reply 2
I swear I haven't even started and I already feel scammed ngl.
My uni is sometimes 2 days a week and sometimes 3 days a week - Monday, Tuesday and Friday
Which university is this?

Can you see lectures/sessions for every semester 1 module on your timetable?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ

KCL

Still trying to figure out how to match the modules actually.

There is an option I recall
My timetable last year didn’t have any lecture on it that was pre-recorded. So check what modules you should have and which are not timetabled (and often tutorials only start week 3 onwards)
Reply 6
Original post by Catherine1973
My timetable last year didn’t have any lecture on it that was pre-recorded. So check what modules you should have and which are not timetabled (and often tutorials only start week 3 onwards)

Since the KCL system shows module registrations for the year, so there is about 7 modules overall, and out the 8, 3 have been included in this semester only and I think that looks about right but I cannot for the life of me believe how much time is spent on each module. It seems like I'm being scammed!
Reply 7
Original post by PQ

Since the system shows modules for the year (7 overall) and I am registered for 3 for this module so I think that seems about right
My sibling also recently received their timetable and they’ve got a ridiculously low amount of lectures/seminars/study scheduled: only 2 hours for one day a week - and this for what should be a more hands-on course. This seems a little bizarre to me so I’m hoping that it’s just not complete at the moment and more things will be added in due course.
Reply 9
Original post by Mesopotamian.
My sibling also recently received their timetable and they’ve got a ridiculously low amount of lectures/seminars/study scheduled: only 2 hours for one day a week - and this for what should be a more hands-on course. This seems a little bizarre to me so I’m hoping that it’s just not complete at the moment and more things will be added in due course.

Yeh I totally get that, if you wouldn't mind can I ask, is your sibling also going to KCL?
Original post by Parziva1
Yeh I totally get that, if you wouldn't mind can I ask, is your sibling also going to KCL?

No, at a different university.
seems a bit on the low side. I would check it with them.
Reply 12
No, at a different university.

Oh, gotcha.
I'm just really worried because I got an email saying that 'your timetable is now ready' like it's the finalised thing
Reply 13
Original post by Kutie Karen
seems a bit on the low side. I would check it with them.

Yes, definitely!
Oh, gotcha.
I'm just really worried because I got an email saying that 'your timetable is now ready' like it's the finalised thing

I think that’s the same type of email my sibling got too. I’d wait until your induction week comes round and see what happens then. Often, university timetables are drafts or not complete (for example, mine change on a weekly basis), so it’s probably the case that you will be doing more than just 2 hours per week.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
Hey there,

For context I will be studying Computer Science.

I recently got my timetable and found out that I am only studying some weeks for 2 hours!! and some up to 6 but no week exceeds the 6 hour mark for the first semester?

Is this normal, I feel this is very very little contact hours?

Omg, I just checked the timetable website too and all of my lectures are recurring...? I have Session 1 on all weeks for the first semester which I find really hard to believe, and whenever I use the "Find table" function I see slots that haven't been added to my timetable yet.

I'm just so confused so I might wait until tomorrow or the end of the week.
Reply 16
I think that’s the same type of email my sibling got too. I’d wait until your induction week comes round and see what happens then. Often, university timetables are drafts or not complete (for example, mine change on a weekly basis), so it’s probably the case that you will be doing more than just 2 hours per week.

Induction week about to come to an end 😥😥
Reply 17
Original post by kanvi06
Omg, I just checked the timetable website too and all of my lectures are recurring...? I have Session 1 on all weeks for the first semester which I find really hard to believe, and whenever I use the "Find table" function I see slots that haven't been added to my timetable yet.

I'm just so confused so I might wait until tomorrow or the end of the week.

same 😪😫😫
Induction week about to come to an end 😥😥

And have they not mentioned anything about the structure of your timetable or an introduction to your modules?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 19
And have they not mentioned anything about the structure of your timetable or an introduction to your modules?

No :/ They said we'd get our timetables on the 16th, that's all.

Quick Reply

Latest