The Student Room Group

What do you do when you feel low or stressed?

Give tips.

I go on reddit and watch pics of big fluffy cats.

Game especially game with friends (but video games solo can be distractin too). I used to play Bang! (the board game) with 5-6 friends and it really helped my mood, I was stressed out of my mind and I actually felt much better afterwards.

Go out, sit somewhere in public especially if the weather allows it. I used to sit on a bench somewhere busy and Idk... it felt good to be with others even though they were total strangers?

Alternatively, drive, solo, at night is pretty awesome for some reason I can't explain either... Outside the city obviously where it's darker and quiet.

Do not drink (alcohol), stress eat/or eat mindlessly/binge, that stuff will get you killed, they do not solve a thing.

Scroll to see replies

Cupcakes help me
Reply 2
take my cars out for a spin around the area
Try and find something to look forward to or be hopeful for

listen to sad/chill music

sleep...or nap

take a walk
Most of the time if I’m stressed it means I’ve got stuff to do. Either way my approach is the same - I lay in bed and watch youtube, facetime my baby nephew, chill with my sister or go downstairs and sit on the living room. Most of the time it’s me laying in bed tbh. Maybe then after like 4 hours of that i’ll consider starting my work
Reply 5
Go for a bath, watch horror films (South Korean horrors seem to be my fave these days), go out for a drive and listen to music, have a good cry
Creative writing. I find when ruminating intensely a lot of imagination is involved and writing a short story or scene even if it’s quite dark, is satisfying. Otherwise journaling questions which are plaguing me is also helpful.
Original post by sumayaaa
Most of the time if I’m stressed it means I’ve got stuff to do. Either way my approach is the same - I lay in bed and watch youtube, facetime my baby nephew, chill with my sister or go downstairs and sit on the living room. Most of the time it’s me laying in bed tbh. Maybe then after like 4 hours of that i’ll consider starting my work

Yeah but procrastination just prolongs your stress, wouldn't it be better to start work immediately, without thinking about how uncomfortable it is and then chill after you're done or at least made significant progress?
Dunno that’s my default position
I have sleeping tablets I take
I like hugs, but I don't have anyone to hug, so I hug my pillow. :tongue:
Original post by a_human_being?
I have sleeping tablets I take

So you just go to sleep?
Original post by 5hyl33n
I like hugs, but I don't have anyone to hug, so I hug my pillow. :tongue:

Get a cat, hug them instead :u:

Much better than a pillow.
Original post by GyrosUberAlles
Get a cat, hug them instead :u:

Much better than a pillow.

I wanted a dog, but my parents said no. :frown:
Original post by CountBread
Yeah but procrastination just prolongs your stress, wouldn't it be better to start work immediately, without thinking about how uncomfortable it is and then chill after you're done or at least made significant progress?

i completely agree with you but i can’t get out of the habit. But now I try do all my work at school (e.g. HW and work with deadlines) but in terms of revision… we don’t mention that😬
So you just go to sleep?

Basically, yeah
Original post by 5hyl33n
I wanted a dog, but my parents said no. :frown:

:frown: Sry about that. Hug your parents?
:frown: Sry about that. Hug your parents?

They don't hug me, lol. It's okay. My pillow does a fantastic job of making me feel better. :lol:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 5hyl33n
They don't hug me, lol. It's okay. My pillow does a fantastic job of making me feel better. :lol:

Here's a virtual hug :hugs:
Original post by rosy_posy
Here's a virtual hug :hugs:

Awww, thanks. Sending a virtual hug back! :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest