The Student Room Group

Nervous for the future??

Hi!! So is anyone else kinda terrified for having to pay for their own meds in the future? I know I shouldn't be but the entire concept of being bankrupted because I need meds scares me. and yeah I get that I can get a prepay card which will help a ton but idk its so scary to me. I literally take so many meds that the cost would be astronomical without that prepay card and then on top of that I still have to pay for vitamins out of my own pocket cos they dont come under NHS,,, idk im just kind of terrified - sorry that's my panic over. I dont have anywhere to share my panic so I just scream into this void, feel free to use this as a rant place as well I just ughhhhhhh
Nah
nah because if you're literally really ill or like, on the verge of death then the nhs usually comes through and helps you.
we're lucky to have the nhs.
just think about how expensive healthcare would be if you lived in america.
I don't go to the doctors for minor stuff because I don't want to waste the nhs' time and money.
I don't feel like I need to bother with vitamins, and you don't need them to be healthy so why would the nhs dish them out for free?
Even if the NHS appears to be falling apart, this isn't the USA.
Reply 4
Original post by lucyyy12
nah because if you're literally really ill or like, on the verge of death then the nhs usually comes through and helps you.
I don't go to the doctors for minor stuff because I don't want to waste the nhs' time and money.
I don't feel like I need to bother with vitamins, and you don't need them to be healthy so why would the nhs dish them out for free?

They do give vitamins out if the person needs them. Vitamins and minerals are important.
Original post by Pathway
They do give vitamins out if the person needs them. Vitamins and minerals are important.

yeah if you REALLY REALLY need them. you have to be majorly deficient for them to give them to you. they don't just give them to anyone. the only time I was ever given vitamins by the nhs was when I was super ill and wasn't eating anything so I was super deficient.
they try to encourage you to get them from food first.
Reply 6
Original post by lucyyy12

yeah my problem is im not on the verge of death i just have a myriad of minor ailments that are on the severe side (like asthma) and i never said the nhs was bad i was just really worried about paying for meds and keeping on top of things. and yeah unfortunately i have to have vitamins cos i have quite a few deficiencies but because i dont have benefits or anything and my deficiencies isnt like life threatening my doctors make us pay for my vitamins (and a lot of the time my piriton??? that ones hit and miss though depends on the doc). trust me i 100% am glad im not in the us otherwise id be bankrupt before i even got to the medication part but i guess i probably shouldn’t have vented here heh sorry,,,

Quick Reply

Latest