The Student Room Group

Midwifery 2022 applicants

Hi!

I’ve just submitted my application for Midwifery to start (hopefully) in September 2022. Just wanted to start a thread to talk to other people who are applying too :smile:.

I’ve applied to Cardiff, Swansea, KCL, Nottingham and City. Just now need to wait 😬.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck!!
Hi I have just applied as well! I've gone for Manchester, Salford, Huddersfield, Edge Hill and Sheffield Hallam.

Good luck with your application! x
Original post by Nataliee2803
Hi I have just applied as well! I've gone for Manchester, Salford, Huddersfield, Edge Hill and Sheffield Hallam.

Good luck with your application! x

Good luck love xx
Original post by LunarSpacer
Good luck love xx

Thank you, does anyone know how long it takes for unis to get back to you? Will it be after the deadline in Jan or earlier? x
Original post by Nataliee2803
Thank you, does anyone know how long it takes for unis to get back to you? Will it be after the deadline in Jan or earlier? x

Depends on the university some do before the deadline some don't
I am applying to chester, ljmu and Edge Hill. Still on the fence about bangor/salford/uclan for my other options as they are further away
Good luck for everyone who is applying for 2022 midwifing course x

It will be very hard for you's but worth it at end of 3 years.
You's will get used to working the nightshifts and weekends when on hospital placements.

I found it tough at the start as a student midwife but soon got use to working a 12.25 hours shift both on nightshifts/dayshifts and weekend working as my NHS only do those shifts in hospital as community midwifes works different hours. I'm now a NHS registered midwife and its a fab job.
Original post by Christine_1988
I am applying to chester, ljmu and Edge Hill. Still on the fence about bangor/salford/uclan for my other options as they are further away

Good luck! x
Hii! I've just applied. Birmingham city, sheffield hallam, teeside, northampton and liverpool jm! Soo nervous to hear back, this wait is going to hurt lol.
Good luck to everyone applying this year! I applied last year and have an offer for Leeds for September 2022!
Good luck to everyone applying this year! I applied last year and have an offer for Leeds for September 2022!

Does this happen often? Being offered a place for the following year?
Does this happen often? Being offered a place for the following year?

I applied for Sept 2021 but because if circumstances i asked uni to move me to 2022 I don't know if unis can force u to defer
I applied for Sept 2021 but because if circumstances i asked uni to move me to 2022 I don't know if unis can force u to defer

Look further down on this information below on defer by university as they can ask you if you want to do this if you don't meet certain criteria.. But you don't have to.

What is deferred entry?
Deferring simply means delaying. A deferred entry means applying for a course and then taking a year out before starting it. This might be pre-planned, for example if you want to go on a gap year, or you might change your mind during the application.

Usually you can only defer your entry by one year, and it’s up to the university or college whether they accept it for your course.

The conditions of your offer won’t change even though the date does. For example, if your conditional offer is based on attaining ABB in 2021 to start your deferred course in 2022, you must attain those grades in 2021 to secure your deferred place.

If you’re applying for a conservatoire course, you’ll need to speak with the conservatoire directly to request a deferred entry. It’s not an option in the standard conservatoire application process.

Some universities and colleges may occasionally approach students directly to ask if they would like to defer their entries. Remember that you don’t have to agree, and you are fully entitled to attend this year if you have met the terms of your offer. Think carefully about how deferring may affect your immediate and future plans. If you decide to defer it will mean graduating a year later than you normally would. But it also means that you’ll be a little older, a little more experienced, and probably have a little more cash behind you. Make sure you weigh up the pros and cons, speak to your family and friends, and make the decision based on what’s right for you.

Why defer entry.....
Many people who defer their entries are planning on taking a gap year, which gives them a chance to travel, earn money, and gain valuable experience before starting university. For others, it may be that they need to work, or that they have other commitments that year.

If you do decide to defer your entry, you need to think about how to spend your gap year productively. Can you find work experience or volunteering opportunities that will enhance your higher education experience, and lead to better employment prospects post-uni? Will you be able to cope with watching your friends at uni on social media, and will you be able to get into the right mindset after a year off?

Make sure you’re certain about your course because you’ll be committed to it. A lot can change in a year, but you won’t be able to apply elsewhere whilst you’re holding your deferred place, and you can only be released if the course provider agrees.

And remember that not all universities or colleges will accept deferred entries, or that they may only accept them for certain courses. Always check before you make a decision.

OK thanks x

I'm currently at Bangor looking to transfer to Edge Hill. If you have any questions, let me know.
Original post by MyMaskIsFoggy
I'm currently at Bangor looking to transfer to Edge Hill. If you have any questions, let me know.

Hi, are you taught at the bangor campus or wrexham for the course? Its unclear on the website. I would much prefer wrexham as its much closer to home. Are you assigned a campus after acceptance? You can't add a preference on ucas? Also are you being taught online or in class this year? Thank-you so much x
Hi, are you taught at the bangor campus or wrexham for the course? Its unclear on the website. I would much prefer wrexham as its much closer to home. Are you assigned a campus after acceptance? You can't add a preference on ucas? Also are you being taught online or in class this year? Thank-you so much x

Hello.

Midwifery is taught on both campuses, so you can study at either. You'll have to email the admissions team as to how you pick because it may have changed due to Covid (regarding numbers and how they're assigned etc). I have a mix of both online and in-person lectures. Better than last year. Cheers x
Original post by MyMaskIsFoggy
Hello.

Midwifery is taught on both campuses, so you can study at either. You'll have to email the admissions team as to how you pick because it may have changed due to Covid (regarding numbers and how they're assigned etc). I have a mix of both online and in-person lectures. Better than last year. Cheers x

Thanks. Is it possible to transfer uni? If I was assigned bangor campus is ot possible to transfer to Edge Hill or chester? Is it just to do with how many places they have? Thanks x
Reply 19
Has anyone heard anything yet? Starting to stress!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending