The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Business School or Bath Business School

Poll

Durham Business School or Bath Business School for Postgraduate studies?

Which of these Business School is better for a postgraduate program like MSc in Marketing or MBA in terms of its: reputation, quality of cohort, employability, international mobility and City lifestyle in general?
I’d choose Durham , I’m going to study accounting and finance this year myself. Bath is a great business school ngl but ranks lower in overall league tables if that matters to you. It all comes down to the type of surroundings you would prefer. Good luck!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
In terms of entry standards, student satisfaction and graduate prospects, I'd say choose Bath. Both are great universities though and it would be an achievement to get in to either.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ravina24
Which of these Business School is better for a postgraduate program like MSc in Marketing or MBA in terms of its: reputation, quality of cohort, employability, international mobility and City lifestyle in general?

I'd advise you to actually talk to someone who works in business and ask which business school has the better reputation. League tables are always a bad indicator. To my knowledge, Durham has more grads getting into IB than Bath so that must imply they have. a more reputable course in the business school. Having said that, choosing a university is much more than picking the course with a stronger reputation; you should ask yourself whether you would like the collegiate system and the city, especially because these universities are pretty close in terms of reputation.
Reply 4
I am absolutely in love with Bath city. However, from the past 2 years Durham University has been ranking quite highly as compared to Bath for its business school. Whereas, the Guardian University rankings seems to be in the favour of Bath as a Business school which is quite confusing. I am really confused which one to pick.
Original post by Ravina24

Durham Business School
Reply 6
Durham

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending