The Student Room Group

Are there men who are teleiophiles

I know there's a variety of men and most definitely there are guys who are primarily only sexually attracted to adults. However, most men are ephebophiles and teleiophiles. They sexually like women in their mid to late teens and early 20s.
I feel like the men who are attracted to only adult women in their 20s and 30s sexually are not that common. When I say not common, I mean they are instinctively just attracted to women in this age range without any other external factors affecting their sexual attraction.
For example
Let's say they are a teleiophile not just for moral reasons, or their sexual attraction being this way because of a dysfunctional childhood, but they are just naturally, biologically sexually attracted to women not teens in their 20s and 30s.

I am asking this because personally, I am not comfortable with men (over 20) attracted to girls who are under 19.

A teleiophilic man would be one of my dating preferences. I know this is not a dating website but I want to understand this topic and the abundance of teleiophiles in the male population.

Scroll to see replies

I don't rule out dating a woman older than 19 years old, as long as she's younger than I am.
Genes that cause their holders to be attracted to late teenage - early twenties women tend to spread through populations, because their holders tend to have more kids, because women in that age group are as fertile as they're ever going to be, and will continue to be fertile the longest. So it makes sense that we observe this as a common trait.

To be clear, that doesn't have any bearing on whether it's advisable to be in a serious relationship or have kids at that age, or for older men to be with women of that age group. It just explains why the attraction to young women that you describe is a common phenomenon.
You guys are literally making stuff up now just for the sake of it.

Inventing problems and personal issues where there was no need - for what reason I really don't know.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Genes that cause their holders to be attracted to late teenage - early twenties women tend to spread through populations, because their holders tend to have more kids, because women in that age group are as fertile as they're ever going to be, and will continue to be fertile the longest. So it makes sense that we observe this as a common trait.

To be clear, that doesn't have any bearing on whether it's advisable to be in a serious relationship or have kids at that age, or for older men to be with women of that age group. It just explains why the attraction to young women that you describe is a common phenomenon.

And exactly what genes are these?
Reply 5
Original post by Trinculo
You guys are literally making stuff up now just for the sake of it.

Inventing problems and personal issues where there was no need - for what reason I really don't know.

Wdym?
Reply 6
Original post by SlaveofAll
I don't rule out dating a woman older than 19 years old, as long as she's younger than I am.

How old are you?
Reply 7
That's nice would you say you're a teleiophile?
Reply 8
Original post by anosmianAcrimony

Yh I understand the attraction. It's just women that age doesn't generally have children that young anymore.
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like the men who are attracted to only adult women in their 20s and 30s sexually are not that common.

They are very common amongst men of that age group. People (I’m including men in my definition here) tend to be attracted to other people who are at a similar life stage as them.

If all the men (aged in their 30s) that you’ve met are only attracted to young girls then you need to get better friends.
Original post by HorribleHatty
They are very common amongst men of that age group. People (I’m including men in my definition here) tend to be attracted to other people who are at a similar life stage as them.

If all the men (aged in their 30s) that you’ve met are only attracted to young girls then you need to get better friends.

Like I said earlier, I never said a man being only attracted to young girls since men generally like young girls and young women but I would prefer a man who likes women only.
And exactly what genes are these?

It would be really hard to know and it's certainly beyond me. This is not a simple physical characteristic we're talking about here so we'd probably be talking about complicated combinations and interactions of a bunch of different genes.
Wdym?

You're wittering on about how you're "not comfortable with" something that has been a natural human instinct since the beginning of humanity and because you've slapped a label on it you think it's some kind of special sociological or anthropological debate.

It's not. It's just the literal definition of snowflaking. It's as jejune as saying you're not comfortable with dogs cocking their legs to pee against trees.
How old are you?

Original post by Trinculo
You're wittering on about how you're "not comfortable with" something that has been a natural human instinct since the beginning of humanity and because you've slapped a label on it you think it's some kind of special sociological or anthropological debate.

It's not. It's just the literal definition of snowflaking. It's as jejune as saying you're not comfortable with dogs cocking their legs to pee against trees.

I'm just saying, I have a preference, and even things like that might be human nature makes me uncomfortable.
Original post by SlaveofAll

Did you say you would consider someone over 19 if she is younger than you? so does that mean your preference is someone younger than 19?
What do you mean? Have your previous bfs talked to you about how some random 17 year old they saw was attractive?
(edited 2 years ago)
I wish there were more guys with this trait.
I'm just saying, I have a preference, and even things like that might be human nature makes me uncomfortable.

The word is so often mis-used, but in this case is entirely appropriate. The reason behind all this is because you are a snowflake. Modern life has made you so spoilt and privileged that you believe that you can just invent problems. You have awarded yourself a special status because you are "uncomfortable" with part of nature.

I think it is more likely that you aren't uncomfortable as such - you just love the idea of being special.
I'm 18 and I had to google what a teleiophile is. Luckly it's not something that looks bad in my search history.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending