The Student Room Group

College Picking

Hi, I have been looking at various Cambridge colleges for next year and asking for any advice/experiences in terms of studying English Literature, at Queen's College especially. I know Pembroke is the one famous for English but I want to get student insight on the others as well (rather than just the official info on the websites). Really appreciate any help, thanks
Reply 1
I'm planning on studying English Lit at Cambridge next year (if I get in that is), and I'm curious to how good the English departments at various colleges are, Queens' College especially. I know Pembroke is considered the main English college, but I wanted to find out about the others as well (tried looking on their websites but not certain how accurate the portrayals are aha). If there is any advice to share I'd really appreciate it!
Original post by Midda52
I'm planning on studying English Lit at Cambridge next year (if I get in that is), and I'm curious to how good the English departments at various colleges are, Queens' College especially. I know Pembroke is considered the main English college, but I wanted to find out about the others as well (tried looking on their websites but not certain how accurate the portrayals are aha). If there is any advice to share I'd really appreciate it!

English is taught in the University English department, not the Colleges. No College is better for a subject than any other. Colleges may have more or less charismatic tutors, supervisors or Directors of Studies for various subjects, but that's a matter of personal opinion and anyway, you might well get supervisions outside your College.

Pick a College based on where you'd like to live, They are more about location and architecture than anything else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending