The Student Room Group

i am struggling with maths and i am falling behind,slowly

i am in yr11 and maths used to be my favourite until now
What makes you think that you’re falling behind?
what is it you are struggling with?
Original post by 0ptics
What makes you think that you’re falling behind?

i try do the class work and i get the first two correct and then all wrong.While miss is explaining the answer. i try write down her working out and listen but i cant do it .Mainly surds and functions and stimulus equation and i have h/w and i dont understand
s

Original post by bl0bf1sh
what is it you are struggling with?

stimulus equations,surds and functions
Original post by kayla306
i try do the class work and i get the first two correct and then all wrong.While miss is explaining the answer. i try write down her working out and listen but i cant do it .Mainly surds and functions and stimulus equation and i have h/w and i dont understand

This seems more like a general issue as opposed to a topic-specific issue. For one, have a positive mindset. Say to yourself that it’s ok to not understand everything. But carry on from there.

There are many videos on youtube that help to explain about the topic in precise detail. It won’t hurt to try and you can always opt out (or try something else) if you feel like it’s not beneficial.

As for school and homework, you could always ask your teacher for help. I know it feels nerve-wracking and overwhelming to ask but keep in mind that they’re there to help! Also, like you said, you’re in year 11 so you won’t see them again after this year, so why not?
Original post by 0ptics
This seems more like a general issue as opposed to a topic-specific issue. For one, have a positive mindset. Say to yourself that it’s ok to not understand everything. But carry on from there.

There are many videos on youtube that help to explain about the topic in precise detail. It won’t hurt to try and you can always opt out (or try something else) if you feel like it’s not beneficial.

As for school and homework, you could always ask your teacher for help. I know it feels nerve-wracking and overwhelming to ask but keep in mind that they’re there to help! Also, like you said, you’re in year 11 so you won’t see them again after this year, so why not?

Thank you!
s

stimulus equations,surds and functions

Out of curiosity, do you mean simultaneous equations? I don’t remember learning about stimulus equations, nor do I think it’s a mathematical concept. Maybe that’s just me tho.
i am in yr11 and maths used to be my favourite until now

youtube videos on topics youre struggling with should help or ask your friends for help :smile: Once you've get the concept do lots of practice questions to ensure you fully understand it
Thank you!

Try these: https://www.missbsresources.com/teaching-and-learning/mathspassports

BBC Bitesize is also good - do ask your teacher for help - no need to pay for a course ...

Quick Reply

Latest