The Student Room Group

To wonder how completely unaware some people are?!

Uni flatmates, honestly, a nightmare.

Why do people think it’s okay to be slamming doors at 4am in the morning? Not a small slam, but an entirely loud slam that causes things on my table to shake (no kidding)

Which of course, wakes me up everytime.

I’m baffled wondering how people think this is okay? Does something not go through their head to be aware that what they’re doing is just quite rude and annoying?

I got petty this morning, and slammed my door at 8am whilst my flatmates were sleeping off their hangover. I was greeted with a glare and obvious dislike this morning when she woke up. She can do it but I can’t? Ugh just ranting but just honestly so annoyed. I wouldn’t dream of yelling and slamming at those hours. It’s so antisocial.

Rant over :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Uni flatmates, honestly, a nightmare.

Why do people think it’s okay to be slamming doors at 4am in the morning? Not a small slam, but an entirely loud slam that causes things on my table to shake (no kidding)

Which of course, wakes me up everytime.

I’m baffled wondering how people think this is okay? Does something not go through their head to be aware that what they’re doing is just quite rude and annoying?

I got petty this morning, and slammed my door at 8am whilst my flatmates were sleeping off their hangover. I was greeted with a glare and obvious dislike this morning when she woke up. She can do it but I can’t? Ugh just ranting but just honestly so annoyed. I wouldn’t dream of yelling and slamming at those hours. It’s so antisocial.

Rant over :frown:

Please do rant away. Glad you got your door slamming in, and managed to annoy them right back. You could say, please ensure you do not slam the doors when you come in, as it wakes me up. And if it carries on, I will continue to slam doors at 8am. Hopefully that should shut them up.

This reminds me of a neighbour at my hall of residence (Owens Park, Manchester uni). When we were all into Tears for Fears and the Police, this student was playing Abba from her room at top blast (ok when I was 15, but passe at the age of 21). I would knock on her door and ask her politely to turn the volume down. In retaliation, she would go to my door. Unfortunately there is an on/off button OUTSIDE the rooms to switch the electricity off, and she would just turn up outside my door and switch it to off position.

Can't remember how it ended, but she was a right pain.

Quick Reply

Latest