The Student Room Group

Cambridge College Interviews

I am an international student and apparently, this year, they allow us to apply to college interviews that is held in December. Normally, this wouldn't be the case for international students as we have international team interviews around October. Does anybody know what would happen if I applied to the college interviews as an international student? When will the interviews be held?
Hi there!

So international students are always allowed to be interviewed by their college. In normal times, this would mean they would have to travel to Cambridge, rather than being interviewed closer to home.

Because all interviews are online this year, Colleges can interview students who live many hours away more easily than in the past. The thing to bear in mind is that the international interviews will cater better to students in GMT +7 or more time zones (so Singapore and further east). Colleges will interview 9am - 5pm GMT or thereabouts, so 4pm - 12am in GMT +7. While we'll do everything we can do ensure your interviews are at a reasonable time, with two interviews, this because more challenging. So if you're interviewed by your college, be prepared that you might be being interviewed at 7, 8 or even 9pm local time.

Hope this helps!
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Hi there!

So international students are always allowed to be interviewed by their college. In normal times, this would mean they would have to travel to Cambridge, rather than being interviewed closer to home.

Because all interviews are online this year, Colleges can interview students who live many hours away more easily than in the past. The thing to bear in mind is that the international interviews will cater better to students in GMT +7 or more time zones (so Singapore and further east). Colleges will interview 9am - 5pm GMT or thereabouts, so 4pm - 12am in GMT +7. While we'll do everything we can do ensure your interviews are at a reasonable time, with two interviews, this because more challenging. So if you're interviewed by your college, be prepared that you might be being interviewed at 7, 8 or even 9pm local time.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for replying! @Peterhouse Admissions. I just wanted to know when my interview will be. Will it be during October or December? Would this be the same as last time, which means that I will be interviewed in December by my college? Or because of how everything is online now, would the interviews be shifted to October because I am an international student? Thanks for helping!
Original post by chinjyanson
Thank you for replying! @Peterhouse Admissions. I just wanted to know when my interview will be. Will it be during October or December? Would this be the same as last time, which means that I will be interviewed in December by my college? Or because of how everything is online now, would the interviews be shifted to October because I am an international student? Thanks for helping!

Hi there! Interviews conducted by colleges are all done in December.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending