The Student Room Group

Dropping out of Uni. Avoiding overpayments

So i'm thinking about dropping out of University if it doesn't get better but to avoid overpayment and having to repay anything should I drop out in the September before I start my next year? Or as close as possible to then?
Original post by JMerritt131
So i'm thinking about dropping out of University if it doesn't get better but to avoid overpayment and having to repay anything should I drop out in the September before I start my next year? Or as close as possible to then?

You would need to withdraw before re-enrolling fir your next year, so in early September.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
You would need to withdraw before re-enrolling fir your next year, so in early September.

Thanks!
Reply 3

Sorry another follow up question, does that mean that I shouldn't send in anything to sfe to reapply for loans or should I do all that and then quit as soon as september starts
Reply 4
Do not drop out because you might end up on benefits
Reply 5
Original post by P0OR
Do not drop out because you might end up on benefits

What do you mean? Do you think i'm just going to stop working all together?
Sorry another follow up question, does that mean that I shouldn't send in anything to sfe to reapply for loans or should I do all that and then quit as soon as september starts

Just to clarify, are you currently studying/about to start your course this month? The answer depends on whether you are a current student or if you haven't enrolled yet.
Reply 7
Just to clarify, are you currently studying/about to start your course this month? The answer depends on whether you are a current student or if you haven't enrolled yet.

I'm a current student starting this month, I was just wondering as I know the april maintenance loan is to last me from then till september I just wanted to know if during that time I had to reapply for student loans or anything as I know you need to do that after each uni year for me to then drop out in the september. If that makes sense
I'm a current student starting this month, I was just wondering as I know the april maintenance loan is to last me from then till september I just wanted to know if during that time I had to reapply for student loans or anything as I know you need to do that after each uni year for me to then drop out in the september. If that makes sense

You wouldn't need to reapply for loans for you plan to drop out, but you may need to contact SFE to cancel your application completely in the following September.
Reply 9
You wouldn't need to reapply for loans for you plan to drop out, but you may need to contact SFE to cancel your application completely in the following September.

I thought each year we had to send in our parents incomes each year should I just not bother with that? And thank you I'm sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly
I thought each year we had to send in our parents incomes each year should I just not bother with that? And thank you I'm sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly

I'm not really sure what you're asking.

You'll have been assessed for this year, but if you're going to drop out, there's no point providing more info for 2022-23 (unless of course you're changing universities or courses, in which case you need to inform SF).
I'm not really sure what you're asking.

You'll have been assessed for this year, but if you're going to drop out, there's no point providing more info for 2022-23 (unless of course you're changing universities or courses, in which case you need to inform SF).

I'm sorry i'm probably phrasing it terribly. All I want to make sure is that after I finish in June for Summer I don't need to do anything until late August Early September when I tell the Uni and SFE that I will not be continuuing at Uni. Thanks again for everything.
Reply 12
What do you mean? Do you think i'm just going to stop working all together?

Getting a job is easier with a degree
Original post by P0OR
Getting a job is easier with a degree

I appreciate your wise insights. Thank you for sharing your opinion, I do really enjoy them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending