The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
How many experience days are there in a year? I missed the deadline for the 2018 experience day but was told I would be transfered to the 2019 experience day , is there only 1 a year??
Original post by squabblesome
Hi everyone!

I joined the EY Graduate Scheme in 2013 and worked there for four years as Consultant and then Senior Consultant. During my time with EY, I worked on many projects, primarily in Data, Regulation, Streamlining and Communications. I was fortunate enough to do work in London, Edinburgh, Amsterdam, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur.

I know lots of you are applying for EY or other Finance / Consultancy firms at the moment so I wanted to offer to answer any questions you might have about my experiences in the profession.

I was also one of the Assessment Centre Invigilators during my time at EY and did a lot of work with our new graduates, so I'm happy to help you understand a bit about what these types of firms are looking for in recruits.

Have just come across this thread, thank you so much for taking the time to help!
I am awaiting to apply for graduate schemes when they re-open, EY being my first choice. However i took a vocational degree (gained a 2:1) but have had a huge change of heart, whilst i dont believe i have the credentials i think i have a lot of the necessary transferrable skills. Do you think they would even look at my application or would you say its worth gaining experience in the correct field, or even do a masters degree in a similar field to gain more of an opportunity?

Thanks!
Reply 22
Hello

Thank you for being here for us, hope you are well.

Could you offer so tips on the job simulation stage of the graduate recruitment process please?

It would be wonderful if you could specifically talk about what tasks we should expect for London’s Business Consulting. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Yu

Hi everyone!

I joined the EY Graduate Scheme in 2013 and worked there for four years as Consultant and then Senior Consultant. During my time with EY, I worked on many projects, primarily in Data, Regulation, Streamlining and Communications. I was fortunate enough to do work in London, Edinburgh, Amsterdam, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur.

I know lots of you are applying for EY or other Finance / Consultancy firms at the moment so I wanted to offer to answer any questions you might have about my experiences in the profession.

I was also one of the Assessment Centre Invigilators during my time at EY and did a lot of work with our new graduates, so I'm happy to help you understand a bit about what these types of firms are looking for in recruits.
Hi everyone!

Hello,
I am very intrigued to hear all of your wisdom!
currently undertaking my masters in management and business analytics and would like to apply for EY next year.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
how did you get into consulting? What experience would you recommend getting prior to applying? When did you apply? Are the opportunities of working abroad fairly few and far between?

thanks!
Hi
I’ve just come across your discussion! Thanks for all your insight, I was just wandering if you knew when applications were going to open?
Original post by Mac01010
Hi
I’ve just come across your discussion! Thanks for all your insight, I was just wandering if you knew when applications were going to open?

LMAO. I can't with you guys on this forum XD
Original post by anonuser99
LMAO. I can't with you guys on this forum XD

Fantastic. Thanks for your input
Original post by Mac01010
Fantastic. Thanks for your input

bit rogue to be asking this on a very dead thread and not quite sure why you're asking a former EY employee (who hasn't even been active on TSR since 2019) when applications open.

But I will be helpful and say you can sign up to the EY talent network here https://www.ey.com/en_uk/careers/job-search which will notify you when their consulting apps open. Currently a lot of EY schemes are already open though so you should definitely look to make sure you've not missed anything!

Latest

Trending

Trending