The Student Room Group

Advice for a 4'4 girl (non-dwarf) at uni?

Hey everyone.

I'm off to uni tomorrow but I'm proper scared . I'm 18, 4'4 (at a push) and super skinny. Genuine advice for uni life at 4'4 would be great! Stuff like how to stop people assuming I'm a kid and take me serious etc. Thanksss!
Confidence is key
Original post by Anonymous
Hey everyone.

I'm off to uni tomorrow but I'm proper scared . I'm 18, 4'4 (at a push) and super skinny. Genuine advice for uni life at 4'4 would be great! Stuff like how to stop people assuming I'm a kid and take me serious etc. Thanksss!

I'm curious... What is the formal medical definition of being a dwarf?
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot

It's to do with proportions
It's to do with proportions

Oh. I thought that proportionate and disproportionate both came under the main classification.

But as above, confidence would help
Wear the highest heels that you can manage walking in, wear the smart professional outfits that you would wear to work in an insurance office or estate agency and have attractive looking makeup & jewellery that is compatible with the 'look' of your outfit.
This works for me at 5'1.
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst
Wear the highest heels that you can manage walking in, wear the smart professional outfits that you would wear to work in an insurance office or estate agency and have attractive looking makeup & jewellery that is compatible with the 'look' of your outfit.
This works for me at 5'1.

Thanks but my highest heels still only make me 4'8 and I cant go clubbing in them Haha

It's pretty embarrassing

Not as embarrasing as you hun
Original post by ageshallnot

An adult whose height is below 4’10.
Hey everyone.

That sounds like a difficult situation to be in :/
Even if you showed people your ID they probs wouldn't believe you. Hope it all works out well for u though :smile:
It’s perfectly feasible to be 4’4” at 18 for a variety of reasons, not all due to “dwarfism/achondroplasia” which I’m guessing is what the OP means by ‘proportion’. Humans come in a variety of shapes and sizes!

Dressing more formally may help you look older if that’s what you want.
Sadly people often equate shorter stature with younger age which obviously is often incorrect.
Not sure wearing extreme heals are particularly helpful, unless that’s what you want to wear of course.
Hey everyone.

wear heels and get a dress sense or aesthetic also date according to your height for instance at 4'4 you shouldn't be requesting a 6-foot tall guy not all but most people do this and it's weird. 5' min 5'5 max ...
How is it possible to be that height at 18? Unless you're a troll

Here’s a good read for you:https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/dwarfism/symptoms-causes/syc-20371969
Smile. Works for me.

BTW anon poster I’m 25 and a half and 4’8 only.
Hey everyone.

Don't worry girl I believe in youu!! You are capable of doing amazing things so don't let ignorant people destroy your self-esteem. You are perfect just the way you are and you will find people who will love you for however you are 💕
I'm 5'5 and I wish I was 4'4 that's such a cute heightt!!! I'm jealous, even when you are in you 30s you will still look young and cute
There isn't much you can do, just make sure you have good posture and if you can speak at a good volume it's better than being very quiet. Hats and coloured clothing can make you stand out. Chunky shoes or heels optional.
I'm 5'5 and I wish I was 4'4 that's such a cute heightt!!! I'm jealous, even when you are in you 30s you will still look young and cute

Having constant comments on height doesn't sound 'cute' imo.
Reply 17
Hey everyone.

You will meet people and make friends who see beyond all that. It may be more challenging but the friends you do make will be genuine and true.
Genetics did you dirty with that height. But one of my classmates is about the same height and just dresses smart. Confidence is essential, since it's hard enough to get your voice heard when you're tall. And you're going to have to get used to the snarky comments and disapproving looks ig. It's unfortunate tbh :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending