The Student Room Group

Deleting cards in Anki

hi,
im new to anki, i want to start using it for my A levels, but i have a question. Ive messed up some of the decks somehow by trying to import my flashcards from quizlet to anki and Ive made a big mess of it. some of the same cards are are two different decks, but they don't belong in one of them. if i delete the duplicated card from one of them, will the card be deleted everywhere? like even from the other deck where it belongs? lol sorry if that made no sense please ask me to clarify something if so. any response would be appreciated.
thank you!
Original post by reembot6686
hi,
im new to anki, i want to start using it for my A levels, but i have a question. Ive messed up some of the decks somehow by trying to import my flashcards from quizlet to anki and Ive made a big mess of it. some of the same cards are are two different decks, but they don't belong in one of them. if i delete the duplicated card from one of them, will the card be deleted everywhere? like even from the other deck where it belongs? lol sorry if that made no sense please ask me to clarify something if so. any response would be appreciated.
thank you!

First I just want to clarify - cards are the things you study, notes are the actual text based pieces of info that make cards i.e. you can have multiple cloze based cards from one written note ("{{c1::fire}} is {{c2::hot}}" would be one note giving two cards).

If you delete a card, it will delete the note associated with that card (and therefore also deletes all the other cards made from that note). However, If you delete one of the duplicate notes then the others will remain existing.

So to answer your question, no - if there are multiple notes that have the same front and you delete one of them, you will not delete the others.

N.B. To make it easier, if you have duplicated notes you can go into browser (click browser in the middle of the opening page) then click notes in the menubar and then find duplicates (in the anki manual).
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending